5 chapter

-July 7, 2005-

Now Red, Mikey and Doraken were on their way to Takemichi's class.

After telling them about Takemichi, Shinichiro smiled and said that Hanagaki must be a good person.

On their way to class, they bumped into the ninth-graders here. Red and Ken knocked them out in a couple of punches. Mikey, on the other hand, looked into Takemichi's classroom.

- Hey! You can't just walk into school!

- He's here! Let's go play, Takemuchi.

Mikey led Takemichi out of the classroom and he saw the battered ninth graders.

- Huh? All third graders?

- They were bothering us, so we had to beat them up," Red said as if nothing had happened.

- Hey, you, get your heads down! - Ken commanded. - You're too far away from each other, get closer!

And the trio started walking over the bodies, skipping over.

"And this is the top of the Swastons? It's all right for them to torture people?"

The company walked toward the exit.

- Is everything okay? - Ken asked Takemichi, because he looked stiff.

- Kind of.

- You just walk like we're here to kill you.

- Are you free tonight? - Mikey asked.

- Not... not really.

- Then we'll just take a walk.

There were whispers from behind about Takemichi's new company.

"Okay, this is my chance! Next to Mikey and Red, I can prevent them from meeting Kisaki!"

- Hey, wait! - Shouted out Hinata Tachibana, Takemichi's girlfriend.

- А? Who are you? - Ken asked as the girl came closer and closer.

- Sorry, Hina, I'm busy today.

Afterwards, something happened that no one expected. Hina slapped Mikey in the face. Takemichi's face twisted funny with horror. Red didn't like it, though he knew it was going to happen, thanks to dreams, so he just stood there and watched the whole spectacle.

The girl took Takemichi by the hand and led him back. Her hands were shaking, Red noticed. Ken walked over to the couple and grabbed Hina's wrist.

- Hey. Are you fucking kidding me? You think you can get away with this? I'll fucking kill you!

"Hehe. It's funny to watch Kenchick get his nerve, especially when someone punched Mikey," thought Red.

- Hilarious? You're the ones breaking into someone else's school, doing whatever you want. And Takemichi's been acting all beat up lately! If you did that, I won't forgive you!

"Courageous, even very courageous."

Takemichi took Ken by the hand he was holding Hina with.

- Let go of my hand.

- What are you yelling at? - Ken barked.

"God, he has to say it again," Red thought, mentally rolling his eyes.

- I said let go of my fucking hand! - Takemichi repeated.

- Motherfucker, you know who the fuck you're talking to?

- I'm not backing down this time.

- Huh?

But then Mikey stepped in.

- That's too bad. I thought we were gonna be friends. Well, how do you want to die?

Dima noticed how Takemichi trembled.

- Stand up to face me again.

- Promise you'll never raise your hand to Hina again!

Mikey swung his fist at Takemichi.

- Huh? I don't know!

And stopped abruptly. Mikey smiled at Takemichi.

- I was kidding.

- Huh?

Mikey started punching Hanagaki on the shoulder.

- You're such a fool, Takemichi. I'd never lay a hand on a girl. There's only one person who can hit you, and that's only if you piss me off.

And he looked at Red, standing next to him. Ken walked over to Takemichi.

- You looked cool, Takemichi. "I won't back down," you don't say that in front of girls nowadays, we're not in the Shōwa period.

He let go of Takemichi and walked over to Red and Mikey.

- Aren't you sweating too much?

Hinata glanced back and forth between Takemichi and the trio.

***

- I beg your pardon! I got it all wrong!

- Nice shot.

Mikey and Red said at the same time and looked at each other.

- I'm sorry! - Hinata apologized again.

- It's certainly commendable that you're trying so hard for your lover, but don't overdo it, it could end badly," Manjdiro told her.

- Understood! - Hina started to walk away. - Are you coming?

- Э? What about a date?

- It's okay, go out with your friends," Hina said.

- Bye-bye! Hit him harder next time! - Red said and pointed at Mikey.

- Hey! Red, why are you doing this to me?

- I'm being affectionate, don't sulk.

- Well, okay. There are fewer and fewer good girls like that," Mikey said.

- Take care of her. You got it? - Red continued.

- Yes!

And the guys got on their bikes and started riding.

*

Ken and Red rode separately, and Takemichi rode Mikey, who sat in the back.

"I learned from Naoto that in twelve years the Swastons had a casino and were killing and generally doing violence. I can't believe Mikey let the Swastons become like that. Oh, and why did Red become a maniac?"

- That's... Why are you interested in me?

- Stupid question," Mikey answered him. - Me and Red have an older brother, ten years older than us, only alive now because of Red. He's a reckless man, got into fights with guys stronger than him. He's a tough guy.

- Takemuchi, you look like our brother," Red added.

- Э? How do I look like him?

- Takemuchi's not that tough," Mikey quipped.

- That's cruel!

***

The boys stopped to watch the sunset. Mikey and Red sat down on the grass, and Kenchik and Takemichi stayed behind.

- They say the age of bullies is over now. My brother's generation, they became bikers. Now you can often hear the roar of motors around here. Now everybody's playing big and they've become total assholes. So I want to create a new era of hooligans. I'm interested in you, Takemuchi. And I'm not the only one," Mikey looked at Dima, and Takemichi was surprised.

- There are quite a few people who are strong in battles, but there are few who are willing to go against the system like you are. Join in!

Mikey and Red went forward, and Kenchik followed them.

- Think about my offer!

"Let him come in. I know he will. And I'll help him. I don't know exactly what's going to happen in the future, but I think it's totally fucked up. Which means, thanks to dreams and Takemuchi, I'll fix him," thought Dima.

To be continued...