19 chapter

-December 31, 2005-

- That's a lot of people," Mikey said, walking next to Red in matching kimonos.

- Tell me about it," Dima said.

Halfway down the road, Mikey decided to take Dima's hand. Red thought he did it so he wouldn't get lost in the crowd, so he didn't yank his hand away, continuing to walk.

After a while, they met Doraken, Emma, and Shinichiro. When Shinichiro saw Mikey holding Red's hand, he chuckled quietly so no one would hear, and Emma only smiled at them when she saw the picture.

- Wait! My emaaaah! - Someone in the crowd yelled.

- My Emma? What's that supposed to mean? - Emma asked.

- Oh, Takemuchi," Dorakan said.

Mikey raised an emu.

- Here's your emu?

- Give it back, please!

- Okay, you're so desperate, here you go! I just picked it up!

- You love to stress people out," said Dima to Mikey.

- Well, Red, don't say that," Mikey said, and he pouted childishly.

- Okay, okay, little Mikey, you're not," said Dima, but then the noise started.

- What's that? - Takemichi was perplexed.

- It's ten seconds to New Year's Eve! - Someone in the crowd shouted out.

- Let's all jump up together," Mikey said.

Red would have jumped anyway, because Mikey was always holding his hand.

- Three!

- Two!

- One!

- Happy New Year! - shouted it all out.

***

- It was fun. This New Year was awesome," said Dima, still walking with Mikey by the hand, Mikey in turn was happy.

Now they were going to Dmitri's house to spend the night. The others know this, so no one was worried.

When they got to the apartment, Dima went straight to the shower and Mikey went to his room. Red came out of the shower dressed and clean, he was wiping his wet hair with a white towel. When he walked into the room, he saw Mikey in his clothes, who was settling down on the bed and reading the manga that was on his desk.

- I can't change you," Dima said as he hung the towel on the chair.

- Yeah, you can't change me," Mikey said with a smile and put the manga down, and Red sat down on the bed next to him.

- Are you going to sleep with me again?

- Yeah, with you, like always.

- Eh, okay, go to sleep," said Dima and lay down next to Mikey, who in turn covered the two of them with the same red blanket.

Dima closed his eyes and fell asleep a few minutes later, while Mikey continued to stare at Red's sweet and calm face with his mouth ajar.

Mikey's eyes studied the face of Dima, who was lying facing him, and his gaze kept returning to his lips.

As he approached Dima's face, Mikey gently kissed him on the lips, quickly pulled away and put his arm around Dima's waist, snuggled into his shoulder and began to fall asleep, smiling that he had finally done so, though without the knowledge of the master of the desired lips.