five,

the event.

-

"wait trent what'd you say?"

"if you're on your own say you're my girlfriend, but if i'm with you, i'll introduce you."

"oh fuck no."

-

when trent had mentioned the brits, ollie had pictured it being a fancy frilly room filled with wealthy, uptown people. don't ask her why, that was just what she thought it was, and turns out she was indeed right. she never took interest in the brits before, it wasn't something she payed attention too often seeing as she wasn't even british.

she also did expect how spectacular everything would look, how good their wine would taste and how mostly no one here knew who she was.

who knew an event in london would be so big?

not like she knew anyone here, ollie had recognised quite a few. some of his teammates were here that she knew, but that was all besides few other famous people. ollie didn't really keep up.

everytime they encounteted a new group of people, trent introduced her as 'ollie richards', not adding any kind of label before or after. he did say when he'll introduce her he won't add anything accompaning her name, which she felt relieved with in a way, but at the same time left her mind swirling with confusion as to why he said that to her in her bedroom.

ollie did also have to remind herself that he was doing her a favor, and she was doing something for him in return, nothing more than a fake date.

"you're actually so ugly in red you know." was his first words right after she completely changed the colour of her dress. it was meant to match his tie, but she thought she looked better in red.

"i'm not the one with broccoli stems on my head."

those were the only few words they uttered to each other since ollie stepped out her bathroom, striped off any comfortable clothes and into all of elagance and poise.

and from then to now, ollie still couldn't find herself to look at trent in the eye or even just at him, because her cheeks would flush with the mere sight of him in the attire he was in right now.

"soo..." ollie drawled, holding a glass of something which he offered her not too long ago. "what do you usually do at the brits?" she asked, uncertainty rushing over her in an instant with her question. afterall, they'd only been here for close to two hours and all they've done is sit at this table, with few of his club teammates who were engaged in their own conversations.

"well, people dance sometimes, but it's not something you always see." trent says without moving his eyes from where his fingers were playing with the paper casting his name on it. soon enough when she stayed silent, he turns his body to face her.

"why? you bored or something?"

"you're a smart man, trent." ollie replies with a smile, somewhat sickly and sweet at the same time. "so, so smart."

"it's not my fault i can't find jadon, he sticks in with every crowd." he rolls his eyes at the mention of his international teammate, wishing he was here to actually have some kind of spark to the night. "plus, we've already taken the pictures they wanted us to. it always goes so boring from here." he says.