twelve,

the act of touch.

-

the moment ollie's ears picked up the sound of talia's giggle, she had the urge to turn onto her other side to get more sleep. she was sure it was way to early to be up, but since talia's mother had took her from trent before anything else started, ollie knew talia would be up before everyone else in the household.

but when she heard his childish tone, she knew it was time to get up.

ollie rubbed at her frail eyes. she let her head fall onto the closed door after she'd made her way out, opting to sigh really heavily. forcing her feet to move, the tired french woman trudged into the living room where she'd first heard the giggles coming from.

then at that moment when she saw them, ollie's heart exploded.

the scouser was sat infront of the couch, knees up to his chest as talia was attempting to clip butterfly bows into his hair. her little legs were dangeling off the edge, but her eyes and fingers stayed trained on her task.

the little girl has you around her finger, doesn't she?

ollie simply couldn't believe what she was currently seeing. trent's face exclaimed tiredness yet he showcased a sweet smile whenever talia would look at him.

padding quietly into the room, talia's eyes lit up at glancing ollie. "hi ollie!"

trent turned his face to look at her, closing his eyes as he smiled tiredly at her. "hey."

ollie sat next to talia on the couch, placing her lips on her cheek. "what's this?" ollie teased, pointing at trent's hair. 

"she's putting bows into my hair. duh." trent exaggerated.

"yeah. duh." talia stuck her tongue out at ollie.

ollie acted hurt, placing her hand on her chest. she pouted at talia, who couldn't help but feel bad as she dropped her hands and placed herself into ollie's arms. ollie laughed, muttering a, "good morning lia." into talia's hair.

talia buried herself into ollie's chest, giving her a squeeze hug. no other person could have talia longer than ollie, doesn't matter how much the little girl liked you.

"how long were you awake?" she asked in a low voice to him. it was no earlier than seven when she'd checked the clock on the wall.

he shrugged, "maybe like half an hour now?"

"why?"

"i wanted water then i saw her sitting here watching tv by herself and i felt bad." trent's cheeks flushed slightly, he just couldn't stand the fact that the little girl, who came off as the happiest person to him, was by herself.

"that's sweet," she bit her lip. "those look stupid." she tried to stop her laughs but the sight of him with butterfly bows in his hair was just so entertaining she didn't want to wake anyone else up.

"the kid doesn't have any mercy. she pulled my hair like it was some rope,"

that made ollie scoff. "talia's talia."