thirty,

love.
( a summary )
-

love between ollie and trent was something extremely deep. the phrase itself wasn't enough to show how much one meant to the other, so they always adapted to show their love through gestures.

the littlest things mattered most to ollie. knowing trent was always paying attention when she spoke something she was passionate about or when he made sure that he sat on a certain part of his couch because he knew ollie liked the right side. it was just a habit; ollie liked the right side of the couch; so he made sure he always sat on the left. even when she wasn't present in the house, he naturally would sit opposite from ollie's spot.

the french woman liked to sleep on the right side of the bed; hence why he always knew to sleep on the left. and when ollie had left to spend a few days with vivienne he slept on the left side, out of habit.

on the table next to trent's side of the bed, would always have a candid photo of them both laid on the wooden surface. the photo was ollie placing a chaste kiss on the scouser's cheek, while both clad in liverpool jersey's. the date was marked at the bottom corner of the picture, and next to it was the initials of the two of them. trent claimed that was one of the best pictures they had; since you could see in both of their eyes the amount of love radiating.

there were points at night where after defeats trent would be overwhelmed, too overwhelmed that all he wanted was to get rest. and ollie never pressured him into anything, she never wanted him to feel like he needed to tell her but trent felt like he had to, because he was quiet and not giving her any explanation. so, he would lay his head on her chest and talk, just talk freely about anything and everything that came to mind. what he should have done in the match, and what he didn't do, sometimes beating himself over about it. ollie's nails would rake through his dreads and he would seem to relax, not too far from falling asleep.

about matches, trent always made sure that ollie wore his jersey's to his games. a sense of pride washed over him every single time at seeing his name plastered across her back. he could never handle himself when he sees her in it; a rough kiss and a long hug always came her way. when she would wear another's, especially with another's name across her back, a bit of jealously would show clearly in his body language until he found the tongue to tell her about it.

trent wasn't subtle about when something made him jealous. ollie knew, but he wouldn't make it that known for everyone around them to be aware.

he liked looping his fingers through the loop in her jeans to pull her closer when he wanted her to come nearer to him, or when he felt like she simply wasn't giving him enough attention. the action made ollie laugh every single time, because all he could've done was ask for her to step more in his circle.

the scouser made sure to pay attention to her, he payed such special attention to every little detail. when they were out and he thought that her shirt was too short, he would try to pull it down to atleast cover her behind. or when they went out and the front of ollie's dress showed too much, he would adjust it for her. it's not that he was protective like that; but he simply didn't want ollie to feel uncomfortable or embarrassed if another pointed it out to her.

simple things like holding the door open for her; always opting to tie her laces if they were untied; helping her into her pjs when she had a bit too much drinks for the night. assisting her in taking her makeup off or even making her a bath was the little things that made a smile to draw onto his lips.

when ollie would shift closer to him during the night he wouldn't complain, or when she randomly called him at any hour of the day just because she wanted to hear his voice. sometimes he had to travel to other countries for matches and it was often ollie travelled with him; but when she didn't he knew to make sure to text or call her and communicate with her because they didn't in the earlier stages and that led them no where.

ollie, is a woman who would always be a sucker for a good night out. and trent, would always be a man that would restrain himself a good night out because she wanted to have much drinks and enjoy herself without worrying; just so she would have someone stable with her. he didn't mind, since he loved to see her act in her own ways and how she danced way more freely when she was drunk. all trent did was laugh at her whilst she tried to get the easiest task down while being tipsy.

the simpliest things cost nothing at all, and the quicker they realised that, the better.

. . .

"why do you have a single flower in this vase?" ollie asked, finally noticing that on trent's counter had a clear vase with one single rose in it.

she was standing not too far from where he sat, and she was sure he could hear her no matter the distance.

his head perked at her voice, narrowing his eyes at the flower that ollie now had at her nose. trent's mouth twisted a bit, before he told her, "take a guess."

ollie lowered the rose from her nose and frowned, lines forming on her forehead. her shoulders vaguely dropped.

"don't they look familiar?" his tone held tease and his mouth was holding back a smirk. he lifted himself from the couch he was sat on and made his way into his kitchen, a few inches from ollie.

"yeah, you got me these a few days ago." for what? they didn't go on a date, it wasn't her birthday since that was a few weeks ago. so why did he get her those flowers? plainly because he felt like he didn't gift her enough flowers.

"right. i keep a flower in there everytime i get you flowers so i know when you need fresh ones." he shrugs nonchalantly and the smirk that was threatening to touch his mouth finally surfaced.

a low hum left ollie. the french woman had butterflies in her stomach, no doubt about that, but she couldn't stop her smile. she placed the rose back into the vase and approached him, wrapping her arms around his torso.

"well isn't that sweet of you. no wonder i get flowers once every other day." she looked at him from a lower angle, her lips turning in all dimensions of a smile.

"yeah. i know i needed to get my shit together the minute you decided to move here with me." trent leaned down, placing a kiss between her eyes. he managed to catch a peck on her lips, watching as she let out a laugh afterwards. she patted his back, "go back to talking to robbo."

when she pulled away he pouted, a look that caused ollie to laugh even more. he puckered his lips for one more kiss that ollie didn't hesitate to give him, before feeling his hands travel down the side of her body before he pinched the skin above her ribs. "i love you." she told him, doe shaped eyes full with bliss with glancing at him.

"i love you more, sweetheart."

end of lucid .

meers notes!
and thats all for lucid 🫶🏾.
i know in the ending it got
really repetitive and boring but
thats because i didn't want to ruin it.

sorry if the ending disappointed but i will
be making lots of extras for this book so please
tune in for them🫶🏾.

and thank you my loves for all the love and support on this book. i love all of you so so so much. kisses.