twenty - six,

heart to heart
-

"i really don't see the point of you doing that." ollie said through her teeth, clicking her tongue in confusion as she angled her head. a low hum was heard as trent adjusted the strap of her pajama top on her shoulder, pulling it down as he kissed her skin.

it had been less than a day and the pair was together again after ollie had been away for a few days, and it seemed almost impossible for them to move from the bed after being woken.

"doing what?"

"tryna' get me to take off my top. it's like ten in the morning. have some decorum, trent."

"i'm not tryna' do anything. i just missed you, thats all." he smiled in return, eyes slightly puffy and his lips swollen. ollie twisted her lips until it formed into a grin, turning a loc of his hair between his fingers. their bodies refused to detach from each other's, legs fallen over the other and ollie's head resting on his arm, his slender hand just resting on her ribcage.

"i was gone for three days?"

"your dogs missed you too, not just me." a bit of irony was present in his tone, "but i'm being real though, this house felt empty without you." he says that because it's true—and he thinks thats what he wants ollie to hear—because it did feel empty without her. there was no one singing random french tunes at early hours of the morning, there was no one for trent to argue with about who was better at chess or who got to pick the meal they were going to have, no one to play with his dogs with him, or something as simple as them watching their everynight show.

there had been a series that the pair adapted to watching every night, and it had gotten so stuck to trent that he couldn't watch one episode without his partner. not only that, but who would answer the thousands of questions that ollie would ask him? it always amused her how easily it was for him to figure out such big plots in a show.

ollie smiled faintly, a dimple poking out. she'd always loved how trent had considered lots of his belongings as 'hers' or 'theirs'.

he rubbed her cheek lovingly, such inclination in his gaze that his eyes start to sting. i shouldn't be waiting so long to tell her how i feel.

"i missed you too, but i'm glad i got to spend time with vivi. i mean, i haven't been able to talk or meet with her recently and honeslty i've missed her so much. you know?" her voice, full with glee, lightened trent's heart, knowing that she was passionate about it. it made him feel warm whenever any little thing had made ollie happy, but that's the thing about love. it allowed trent to realise that love was what he felt for ollie, and the later he waited to tell her, the later his heart would feel captured by hers.

"yeah yeah, vivi's nice and all, but com'n," he started, lifting her chin to plant a peck on her pink lips. "let's be honest, you missed me most." a smug look was present on his face and along with ollie's blushing cheeks, she pushed his bare chest away.

he laughed, reaching her ears quickly. he kissed her collarbone, then he held her chin and kissed her between her eyes. all sunkissed and bare faced, he finds it hard to believe that the whole universe had not conspired to bring her to life. it's even impossible for him to think that there's a more beautiful person than the woman laying on his chest.

and he thinks she feels it too. because she looks up at him with the most adoration in her organ of sight, and her cheeks sink in just by having him look at her so tenderly that she giggles. she's the one that deserves love deeper than the ocean, and he is certain about that.