eight,

"i have just one ex, that's okay, right?"

-

"hello?" a distant male voice made ollie stir a bit in her sleep.

just a little softer, ollie silently begged, wishing the person wasn't talking so loud. she turn to her other side, licking her lips once as she dug her cheek into the comfort of a pillow.

part of her wondered if the voice was talking to her, then she instantly thought no and returned in hopes of falling back asleep.

"i'm trent."

trent? boy what are you doing in my house?

eyes shut and every thought sticky and heavy, she halfheartedly tried to make sense of what was happening. why was trent's voice so close to her and what was he doing in her house. all ollie could think about was going back to sleep.

she vaguely felt moving on the bed, like he was making himself comfortable or something, on her bed.

there was silence for a while, then ollie felt herself relax a little.

this is a dream surely.

that made more sense. why would trent be on her bed anyways, right?

confused and overexerted, she buried her head deeper into the warmth of her bed and decided that she didn't care if she dreamt about trent. it wouldn't be the first time anyway.

"yes, that trent." the male voice was no longer distant, "yeah, i believe so." he continued, every word bringing ollie more and more awake. "she's sleeping right now,"

she felt a featherlike caress on the side of her upward-facing cheek. and her skin flared back to like, this thing feeling way too real to be a dream.

"everything's fine," trent's tone was soft through her ears and she found a weird comfort in recognizing it. "sure, i will tell ollie to call you back," there was a pause, then followed by a chuckle. "nahh, i'm not one of those, i have just one ex, that's okay right?"

ex. yeah. that was something she had wanted to know about him for a while and he just probably said it to a stranger just like that.

what a loser he is.

"okay, thanks i guess, and you as well, ophelia."

hey that's my sister's name.

wait, he was speaking to my sister this whole time. the fuck.

how did he even get my password.

more confusion tugged at her still-foggy mind. she felt her eyes flutter open at that, then she was met with the sight of a ceiling. a ceiling that wasn't in her bedroom. she was not in her bed, nor her room. she was in trent's room, sleeping on trent's bed.

and ophelia. she had been calling ollie recently, hadn't she? and texted her, but she ignored it all.

all at once, last night's events came back rushing into her head, messing around with her brain more and making her want to say every bad word in french.