TWENTY SIX

Valencia

The maid from yesterday walks into the room & hands me a plate of food. I thank her & set the food aside not wanting to eat it. I need to be cautious. Derek could've done something to my food & I am not taking any chances.

"It's okay. I made it, Mr. White isn't awake yet." She whispers, she smiles kindly at me & I return one not wanting to be rude for not smiling at the young woman.

"Do you mind telling me the time, please?" I ask.

"5:17 am." She speaks quietly making it a bit hard for me to hear.

"I made it just for you. It's okay." She reassures me & I thank her. Her eyes holding genuine care. I stare at the plate, the smell of bacon & pancakes making my mouth water. She takes a seat across from me & sighs.

"I'll eat it." She smiles. She picks up the plastic fork & takes a bite out of each thing on the plate. She chews & I watch as she swallows.

"See." She reassures me & I hesitate. My stomach growls loudly & I groan. She hands me a new plastic fork & I sigh.

"I'm Mia." She whispers & I smile.

"Valencia." I reply & she nods. She plays with the hem of her maid dress & looks at me, her green eyes lingering up & down my face. I take a bite out of the fluffy pancake & smile.

"Thank you." I whisper covering my mouth while chewing.

"You're welcome." She smiles.

...

After I finished eating, Mia quickly left not wanting to get caught by the other men. I won't ask her for help just yet because I'm not sure if I can trust her. I stare at the ceiling & sigh.

After hours of doing nothing, I hear the door open & stare at Derek who is holding a plate of food in his hand.

"You need to eat." He sighs & I scoff.

"I'm not hungry." I speak & he rolls his eyes.

"It's been almost 40 hours & you haven't eaten." He speaks with concern.

"Go to hell & leave me alone." I turn my body the other way, my back facing him. I hear the door close.

I scream when my hair is yanked back & a knife is put up against my throat. Tears well up in my eyes as Derek stares down at me with a glare.

"I'm getting tired of your mouth." He speaks with gritted teeth & I hold onto his hand trying to relief the strong grip off my hair.

He chuckles to himself before releasing my hair making me let out a breath of relief.

"Let's go." He grabs my arm, roughly & I whimper. He forces me off the bed & drags me out of the room. We head downstairs & I look around memorizing the house.

We walk into the dining room & Alessio is sitting at the head of the table eating his breakfast quietly.

"Giving you hard time already?" He chuckles & Derek sighs.