The Dog*OLD

Y/N was in bed, scrolling through their Instagram feed, liking every post they saw of cute art or selfies. They recieved a message from Zoe which was in all caps saying, 'CALL ME RIGHT NOW!!! IT'S AN EMERGENCY'

Y/N thought they were in danger and immediately called them. Zoe picked up 2 rings later, all Y/N could hear was the sound of Zoe's sobs and hics, "What's wrong, did Lorelai cheat on you?! I knew she was a slimy bi--" "No," Zoe hicced, "Lorelai didn't cheat on me. It's not about her" She sniffled. "Well then why the hell are you calling me overflowing with tears, you sound like your great grandmother just died" They joked, "Don't tell me she died" They said with a hushed tone that was just barely above a whisper. "No, which is surprising cause the old hag's almost 104..." Zoe inquired, "But no, it's none of that!" She dismissed abruptly.

"I watched this super sad youtube animation and...well you just gotta see it for yourself" She sniffled, Y/N found it sorta suspicious how she just wanted them to watch a youtube video at 5pm on a Friday night. "And you tell me this now, why?" Y/N skeptically asked Zoe. Zoe prolong groaned, trying to come up with a good excuse. "It just reminded me of Ozzy and I think you should watch it?" She responded as more of a question than a faked answer. "Whatever, I'll watch it. You didn't have to fake cry over it, coulda just asked" Y/N got of their bed and hopped onto their office chair.

"Oh no, the tears are real. It really is sad, it just made me think how cruel the world is" Zoe sighed sadly, "Okay, luv you, bye!" She hung up before Y/N could even say anything. "Love you too..." Y/N said quietly to themself, they rolled their eyes, sighing impatiently and opened their computer. They searched for the video and clicked on it, it was a 2D animation, "Always love a good cartoon" They kicked their legs up on the table and watched the video. (I left the video link above)

••20 minutes later••

There were sobs heard from Y/N's room, Sonic was reading a comic book, Tails was just tinkering with an invention and Knuckles was assisting Tails whenever he needed it. They couldn't ignore the crying any longer, it could be heard right below them, "Should we check on them?" Sonic asked, concern clear on his face. "Y/N isn't usually a cryer, maybe we should?" Tails turned his attention away from his invention and towards Sonic. "Are you absolutely certain that the cries aren't coming from mother...or more coincidentally father?" Knuckles asked the two.

"Nah, mom and dad are out on a date until late, it's only 5pm, they won't be home until 10" Tails responded, he stood up from his chair and pushed down on a handle in the attic's floor. "You two can stay up here, I'm gonna go check on them" Tails descended down the steps and made his way to Y/N's room. Sonic and Knuckles exchanged impulsive glances, they both broke contact and looked at the steps once more. "Fine" Sonic groaned, he had a slouched posture the whole time he was walking to Y/N's room. Knuckles gave in and went with them too.

"Not it" Tails quickly poked his nose, "Not it!" Sonic followed along with Tails' action which left Knuckles being the only one. Knuckles growled, baring his sharp teeth at the two, Sonic and Tails flinched, stepping back from Y/N's door for Knuckles to open. He grabbed onto the handle and slowly creaked the door open. "Fleshy sibling?" Knuckles hesitantly called out. The room was dim, all that could be seen was Y/N's figure hunched over on their desk with their computer open, outlining their shadowy figure. "Y/N?" Knuckles said once more, they whipped around, their eyes were red and puffy, eyes fulled with tears and nose stuffing up their airways.

"No! I look hideous!" They hissed, they grabbed a tissue and blew their nose, still sniffling. "Why are you crying?" Tails asked them, "It's stupid and so dumb to cry over" They whimpered, tears threatening to prick their eyes again as they thought about the video again. "If you're crying over some person you like, we're leaving" Sonic deadpanned, Y/N hollow laughed, "No, I'm not that pathetic" They wiped some tears away with their sleeve. "Okay, then what are you crying about?" Sonic zoomed over to them, standing on the left side, Knuckles and Tails entered the room and stood on the right side of Y/N.