*𝚁𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝙻𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝙲𝚑𝚘𝚒𝚌𝚎𝚜* [ ᵒⁿᵉ ]

"$81,693

"$81,693.60" 

Your breath hitched.

"That's how much money you owe us for the damage your dog made," The dark-haired man from the other side of the desk who looked to be in his late 50's told you. 

You were speechless. There was no emotion which could truly express how you felt at this pure moment. Speechless, just speechless. $81,693.60... You could buy a small apartment flat with that kind of money.

Right now, you were standing in the middle of Mr. Eckart's office.  The room was huge, bigger than your own living room. With a shiny marble flooring, which you in fact, almost slipped on when you first got in, a ceiling so high your neck would almost get sore trying to catch all of it, and large windows all framed with gorgeous royal blue satin curtains.

The bright light from the outside contrasted against the darkness of the room forming an ethereal glow against the man sitting behind the desk.

 At the middle was a pair of dark-colored couches with a small coffee table placed in between them. And finally, at the very back, was an office table made from some type of dark-colored wood, which you assumed was probably crafted in some sort of super-rich boozy country.

 Honestly seeing how rich these people were, it almost made you wonder why losing 81k would even matter to them, but then again you couldn't really argue in a predicament like this.

"How are you planning to pay us back? Ms. (L/N)?"

Your heart sunk. Actually no-- it fell down the deepest ocean in the world, sinking past any abandoned shipwreck, sea creature, or any sort of life form. You felt like you couldn't breathe,  it was so expensive. 81k... and all to pay back some stupid debt a random corgi off the streets made. That was more money than you could ever dream of making.

"I-I... I'm terribly sorry" You stuttered, hanging your head low so that eye contact would be the last thing you needed to worry about. "T-This was an accident, I'm terribly sorry for the damage he has caused I-"

"(Y/N)" He cuts you off voice low and flat, piercing through the atmosphere of the room and eliciting a sharp shudder down your spine.

" I am a patient man" he stated eyeing you with a pair of jagged dark blue eyes that you felt could almost stab through your flesh if he kept staring at you for too long. "But I am intolerant when mere low-class people like you, think you can get away with any sort of damage you make"

"Listen," He says.

You shudder.

"That garden was worth thousands. We were supposed to have it out as a nice presentation for a dinner with a business partner of mine. It's a shame all that had to be ruined thanks to you" He stated

"Listen (Y/N), it does not matter whether you can or can't pay me back the money you owe me for what you have caused. All that you need to know is that if you do not pay me  by the end of this year..."