Petrifying Panic

"Tate! How are you? Have you eating well? I swear if-"

"Grandma Gwen, please." Said Tate tiredly to his crystal ball

"But you're still so thin!" Said Gwendolyn across the crystal ball "maybe you should go with me on some of my adventures. The trials i go through to cure your aunt did give quite the bit of muscle." She continued showing her one of her biceps to her grandson.

Tate visibly cringed at the sight before Dell decided to stop her.

"Gwendolyn, give him some space." Said Dell happily with a chuckle. "So, how's everything. Tell me all you can."

"Well, i guess I'll start with friends. Like i have this friend called Hunter. He's a nice person, but has no clue as to what proper friendship is like. I've had him read children's books about friendship so he wouldn't try some of his more...eccentric...things." said Tate with a shiver

Dell let out a smile before Tate continued. As the conversation went on, Tate remembered more and more what today was.

'Today, Eda will be caught by the emperor's coven.' Tate thought to himself as he smiled to his grandfather.

It felt like betrayal. Even while knowing that Belos NEEDS them alive and moving. It felt horrible, not because he was attached to his aunt or anything, it was because of his grandfather.

He was the only person in Tate's family that he actually considers family. Gwendolyn just scared him or ticked him off, she was too forceful.

It felt more awful knowing that even if he did nothing, Dell would not be angry at him in the slightest.

"Also, I've finished a new version of the bracelet for your arm. If it works...maybe we can...carve something together? I heard you were a palisman carver and...hehe." Said Tate, scratching the back of his neck as he felt slightly embarrassed at his proposition.

Dell's expression, however, brightened upon hearing that "I can't wait to do it."

*knock knock*

"That's my que. See you later." Said Tate happily with a bright smile.

"See you soon"

Tate shut the crystal ball off before opening his room's door to reveal a scout.

They came to tell Tate that Kikimora requires his presence.

It was...less serious than it sounded.

xxXxx

"Silver Scout, do you know why i called you here?"

Tate, who was in his Silver Scout costume, took a pause before asking "Does it have to do with the approaching school trip from Hexside, Kiki?"

Kikimora was surprised, but tried not to show it "you're...well informed."

'Of course, why wouldn't i remember this cursed episode.' Tate thought to himself calmly as Kikimora continued after clearing her throat.

"Yes, it is our job to guide the witches of tomorrow and as you are well known among them; you're to accompany me during the tour...also, wear your shield. It helps put on a good show."

Tate rolled his eyes at the last part, not that Kikimora could see it, before nodding. "Very well, Kiki."

xxXxx

"A school trip?" Asked Mir raising a brow. "That's why you look so worried?"

Tate frowned as he put on a fancy black and white colored shield. It didn't help much in combat so he never really used it, but it does look cool.