Yesterday's War

Takes place during Yesterday's Lie.

xxXxx

"I still can't believe that Belos! Doing this to MY grandson!" Gwendolyn exclaimed angrily as she crossed her arms. "I ought to teach that old man a lesson!"

"But why would he even do that? You didn't do anything." Added Lilith in confusion as she held Gwenevere. "It doesn't make any sense!"

"And i get you want to cut ties with that coven, but us it really necessary to remove your arm?" Asked Dell in concern

"To answer everything, my palisman...went into Belos's mind for a while and he knows it and he's evil and coven sigils are dangerous." Said Tate as he worked on a metal prosthetic arm. "Now please, let me concentrate on this."

Gwendolyn growled angrily upon hearing this knowledge while Lilith felt incredibly guilty and...useless.

She was supposed to be his mother and the one to help him, but all she could do is nothing. She wasn't even that close with him.

Meanwhile, Dell looked saddened by remembering and seeing everything that coven did that messed with his family.

But they could only watch worriedly as Tate worked on a replacement to the arm he was planning to remove with no hesitation.

Save for Gwenevere who giggled as if nothing had happened at all.

xxXxx

To say Belos was angry would be an understatement.

Terra failed the mission he gave her. She couldn't kill a single child with a wooden stick for a sword.

If those palismen manage to tell the kid about what they saw in his mind, centuries of work would go to waste.

Alas, he knew the backlash that would occur if he was to declare that child a criminal. But that was it, he was a child. Anything he says should be considered mere ramblings. All he has to do is have the coven scouts bring him in under the pretense of the emperor being worried for his loyal soldier and anything he might say is just a misunderstanding.

It should all work smoothly.

xxXxx

A few days later.

"Alright, that's enough training." Said Dell with a frown

Tate, who was training with his palisman, turned to his grandfather in disbelief.

"Grandpa Dell, I'll have to fight Belos sooner or later. I need to be prepared." Argued Tate as he continued swinging his sword with his new metal arm covered by a sleeve and a glove.

"But tiring yourself out won't do anyone any good. So i brought you these." Said Dell as he showed Tate two tickets that he could easily recognize.

"Aren't these tickets to that weird parent-child contest thing?" Asked Tate narrowing his eyes in disgust.

"I already told Lilith and she was okay with participating as long as you agreed." Added Dell with a smile before making a look that was to urge to Tate to go.

"I have more important things to do, Grandpa Dell." Said Tate with a frown before hundreds of voices assaulted his ears. "Ow, you too?"

His palisman retracted it's blade before flying to his shoulder and nodding.