Golden Tides

"I hereby appoint The Golden Guard as the new head of the Emperor's Coven!" Emperor Belos declared to the coven.

The whole coven clapped in union to the golden guard's promotion.

"Still think it should've been you out there." Said a scout as they clapped.

"Yeah, i still can't believe you turned down becoming the position of head witch." Said another scout.

Tate, who was wearing his costume, shrugged nonchalantly. "Too much responsibility. Plus, he enjoys this type of thing."

"You two seem to be getting along lately." Said a third scout

"He's a good friend." Said Tate calmly with a smile under his mask. "It feels good to finally have a friend my age, you know?"

The scouts went silent at this particular comment until the ceremony ended shortly after.

Hunter, feeling proud of his promotion, approached Tate with a smug expression the silver scout could easily sense under that mask.

"Say hello to your new head witch." Said Hunter proudly in a smug tone.

"Oh, you mean the position with more work than your old job while only providing little to no reward." Deadpanned Tate tilting his head.

Hunter stared at him as if he had just committed a sin. "What do you mean little to no reward?! There's the responsibility! The authority! Being useful to the emperor!"

Tate stared at Hunter tiredly, knowing that this wasn't the right time to try to get him away from unhealthy devotion to the coven.

"Okay, I'll ignore that." Said Tate cheerfully as he stretched his arms into the air as if they were stiff from standing around doing nothing at the ceremony. "Let's just go celebrate your promotion already."

"Alright, but later. I have a lot of work assigned by the emperor for my new job." Said Hunter happily "Like getting my picture for coven posters, aah my mask shall be the new face of this coven!!! and a new mission to top it off!"

"*sigh* you're way too excited about this." Asked Tate in genuine concern, crossing his arms.

"Yup! And you're coming too! As my second in command!" Hunter continued happily.

"Of course." Commented Tate dryly with a chuckle. "Just don't make me do anything too crazy."

"Nah, i already learned my lesson with that one."

'You still have a lot to learn, though' thought Tate as he thought about what will happen to Hunter in the future...

And how he could help him.

xxXxx

"Okay, you can move now. We should be able to spread these around." Said the photographer as he began copying Golden Guard posters

"Good." Said Hunter proudly. "Now, Silver Scout, we should get going. We still have a mission to complete."

The two were now at the coven poster designer where posters to join the emperor's coven were ready to be made with Hunter instead of Lilith as the face.

"Ay ay, captain." Said Tate tiredly as he and Hunter left the building. "Where we heading?"

"To one of the emperor's ships. We're going to slay a selkidomus." Said Hunter as he mounted his staff. "Hop on."

Tate stared at him silently in disgust for a good minute until he spoke again.

"Uhh, hop on?"