Thanks to Them part 3

"What?" Asked Amity in shock.

"I don't how or when, but he's right here in the human realm with us." Said Tate with a dejected look on his face. "I couldn't follow him when I first saw him because of the people around. I ignored my palisman's pleas to chase him just because I was being dragged away."

Amity saw the look on Tate's face and put her hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, it's not your fault-"

"I'm not thinking about that." Replied Tate in a sad tone. "I'm more scared of how dull my reaction is. I should be feeling surprised, guilty or incredibly angry, but I'm not. I even forgot about him for a while which was so stupid! It's like after I took in that my family could be gone, I just stopped caring as much." He continued as he started sobbing. "I don't want to not care. And i- i"

"You're what?"

Amity went silent as Tate turned to her with tears in his eyes.

"I...only ever told Hunter about this, not even my mom or my grandparents. It also explains how I adapted so well to life in the human realm." Said Tate as he wiped the tears in his eyes. "So please...try to keep an open mind."

Amity raised a brow in confusion, but nodded nonetheless. Seeing this, Tate began telling her something out of this world.

xxXxx

Later after a failed day of searching for Belos.

"Ow, ow!" Exclaimed Tate as his palisman pecked him angrily. "Would you stop that?!"

The palisman didn't let up and continued pecking angrily.

"I know Belos is still out there, but we don't know where he IS!" Replied Tate with a frown.

The palisman still didn't let, screeching at how he they could've beaten had they not gotten distracted.

"I know, it was my fault he got away. It won't happen again." Said Tate with a determined expression.

After hearing this, the palisman seemed to calm down a tiny bit. Just enough to not be painful.

"*Sigh* let's head down." Said Tate dejectedly before he left the room he was standing alone with his palisman in.

The moment he got down, Tate was able to see his friends and his sister preparing their costumes for hayride with Camilla Gwen and coincidentally, Luz and Hunter entering the living room.

Hey, we're back! And we bought some, uh, cars." Said Hunter as entered the room with a chuckle before Luz elbowed him lightly.

"Luz! We're designing our costumes for the Haunted Hayride." Said Amity cheerfully.

"Guess what I've got planned? I'm gonna be Captain Avery and you're..." said Gus cheerfully before showing Hunter his costume.

As Hunter got excited about his costume, Tate turned to Amity and asked awkwardly.

"Are you okay after hearing... y'know?"

"I'm...still trying to process it. It's weird, but if Hunter can live knowing it, I'm sure I can too... eventually." Replied Amity quietly with awkward chuckle, looking generally uncomfortable with what Tate told her. "On another note, since we know you've been busy, we made your costume for the hayride."

Amity then nudged Willow who revealed a costume that was a white suit, mask, cape and top hat. It looked like the definition of a phantom theif.