Confusion | 錯乱

As Lucy was having a 'conversation' with Judar, in the next room over Sinbad and Kouen were having a meeting of sorts inside of Kouen's room (with Masrur as Sinbad's bodyguard, even if he doesn't need one) about the new addition to their ship. They still didn't know who she was, how she got here or what to do with her now. So far, the only thing can do is keep her on the Leam Empire ship as they make their way back to Leam and then figure something out there since she has 'amnesia'.

But they also didn't want to spook her; she seemed like a delicate young lady who probably couldn't handle fighting if they tried to force the answers out of her.

"Are there any ways to get her to remem–"

In the midst of their conversation, a loud sound came from the room that had the topic of their conversation, successfully cutting Kouen off. Worried that something might have happened to her or she might have hurt herself, the three of them quickly headed towards her room.

See, it was simply a precaution that they put in place by putting Lucy's room next to theirs, in case something like this did happen (not that they were expecting anyone to be bold enough to attack a ship that had Emperor Kouen and king Sinbad on board) but they were not expecting for it to actually be needed.

As calmly as they could, they burst the door open.

Instead of seeing Lucy injured or an intruder in there, they saw Judar, a Magi, kicked into a–now broken–wall, while sputtering incomprehensible words. Lucy, who they thought would be the hurt one, was standing with her arms up, protecting her face and her left leg raised up, as if someone was just kicked by it, all her weight balanced onto her other foot. She steadily stood there for a second, took a deep breath and put down her leg and arms.

Now realizing that other people have entered her room, she flattened out her miniskirt that she still hadn't changed out of (it would be too suspicious if she asked Virgo to bring her a change of clothes when she arrived here with nothing). Lucy stalled for a second and then turned to face them with the most diplomatic smile she could muster (courtesy of her fathers' teaching).

"Did you need something?" Lucy gracefully stepped in front of their view of Judar and directed their attention to her and not the limp body she kicked.

Kouen was first to recover from his shock, eyes still briefly darting from Judar to Lucy. "Do you," Lucy sucked in a breath. "Know who that is?" He pointed to Judar.

Dammit, she thought, so he was someone important.

"A magi?" Lucy confusionly asked. Kouen's eyes narrowed at her slightly. So she did know who Judar was–and she still kicked him across the room (how did she kick with so much force anyways? She didn't seem that strong).

"So you know he's a Magi, yet you still kicked him like that?" Sinbad asked, fully recovered from the shock. "Pardon my rudeness but, what is a Magi?" Lucy had been curious about this since Judar first entered her room.

It seemed like something he was proud of and Sinbad and Kouen seem to know what it is so it must be a well known thing. Sadly, she wasn't from here so the title of Magi meant nothing to her.

Kouen stilled, not expecting that question.

How could she not know what a Magi was. Everyone knew Magi's. It simply made no sense.

He furrowed his brows slightly. "What do you mean, "what is a Magi"?" He clarified.

Lucy had thought that her question was pretty straight forward so she was a bit confused as to why Kouen was asking her to clarify. "This man called himself a 'Magi' and all of you seem to know what it means. So I would also like some clarification about what this 'Magi' is." There. There's no way they could misinterpret her question now—it was as straightforward as she could possibly make it.

"Miss Lucy, how could you not know what a Magi is?" Sinbad stepped forward. "It is standard knowledge that everyone, no matter who they are, knows. So how come you don't." Lucy gulped slightly. "King Sinbad, in case you had forgotten, I have amnesia and am unable to remember anything. Forgive me if I am unknowledgeable about certain common sense and standard knowledge; I cannot even remember where I am from." She said that with the politest voice and smile she could but her eyes glared daggers into Sinbad.

Said king flinched a little, not expecting Lucy to snap at him in such a diplomatic way. Even the proudest nobles he knows who care solely about their appearance and reputation are unable to mask and reveal their emotions simultaneously so well. It was impressive, to say the least.

(Not that he knew that the only reason she is able to do this is from the strict teachings her father made tutors drill into her. And that it was perfected from all the fake smiles and politeness she gave to all the servants and people she met to not "bring shame upon her family"—or have the servants worry about her. One of the things she hated most all throughout her life was people needlessly worrying about her so she skillfully learned how to put on a polite smile that would fool anyone but Aquarius and cease all the worry the servants in her fathers mansion directed at her.)

But she was right; if she had amnesia then there is no way for her to know what a Magi is. Unless she is an amazing actor who planned out every detail about her 'amnesia' would affect her, she actually couldn't remember anything.

"You are right," he coughed out. "I apologize, I seem to have forgotten that you wouldn't know what a Magi is if you don't remember anything. Allow me to explain it to you."

- - - - -

About a half an hour later, after Sinbad's explanation and Lucy's questions, she finally knew what a Magi actually was.

"Ah, so then would First Master be somewhat of a Magi?" Lucy mumbled to herself, not particularly saying it to anyone. However, it was loud enough for the other three men in the room to hear and freeze in place again. Did she. . . somehow know a fifth Magi? So not only were there four Magi when there was only supposed to be three at one time but now there might be a fifth one.

Kouen, once again, was the first to recover and hurriedly sat down right across from Lucy, resting both his elbows on the table and his head against his knuckles.

"Elaborate." He simply stated.

"On what?" Lucy asked, slightly confused. "On what you just said." Kouen said, as if it explained what he said.

While Ren Kouen was the emperor of the Kou empire, he also was a man who would stop at nothing to satisfy his own curiosity. And right now, Lucy was the most curious thing he could find.

Seeing her still confused face, Kouen sighed.

"You said "would that make 'First Master' somewhat of a Magi". Who is this 'First Master', how are they a fifth Magi and most importantly, why do you remember someone named First Master but supposedly don't know anything else?"

EXTRA:

Judar, still stuck in the wall: "soooooooo, is anyone going to help me out here?"

*no one responds, too preoccupied with Lucy that they forgot he was in here*

Judar: "nope, I guess not. Thanks guys, really appreciate the help. I'll just help myself get unstuck from this wall that I can't move out from."

*Silence*

Judar: "Noooo, don't mind me, carry on with your oh so very important conversation that made you completely forget about me."

*no one replies again and Judar stays stuck there, pouting like a child (but he will fight anyone who claims to say that he was pouting. He was not. He was reasonably upset from the lack of attention given to him but was not pouting.)*