Relief | 安心

Wendy startled when the figure revealed themself. "It was you," she said with determination, preparing herself to fight if needed. After all, this person has made the most caring guild she's ever seen turn on one of their closest members for unexplainable reasons so Wendy didn't know what to expect.

"Aw," they said, "it's not very nice to accuse people with no proof, you know."

Wendy grit her teeth. "You're not denying it though."

A devilish grin appeared on their face and they rested a finger against it innocently.

"No, no I'm not."

Wendy tightened her fists into balls but didn't move. She still needs answers and she can't get any if she starts mindlessly attacking her. "Why did you do it?" She asked instead, keeping her stance steady. "Why did you have everyone turn on Lucy? It could've been anyone, so why her?" The dragon slayer knows that Lucy hasn't made any enemies who hate her enough to completely destroy her life so why 'Lisanna' would do something like this, Wendy can't understand.

"Why?" She mocked, gaze hardening and her laid back stance shifting. "Because that wench has gotten in the way of everything! It would've been so easy to destroy this world and use it to finally destroy Solomon's Will. Without any Magi around to so much as sense something wrong, our plan would have worked perfectly! Everything was working perfectly! From the second you all stepped foot in Edolas and I killed this stupid brat, everything was going so well, even having to pretend to be her wasn't as much of a hassle." She seethed. "But that—spawn of Anna had to get in our way with her pesky Celestial Spirit magic and stop our plans before they even started, without her ever realizing it! Why, you ask? Because she ruined everything and needed to be gone!"

Wendy stood there, frozen in shock as Lisanna morphed completely from the sweet girl she's known for only a few months into—into this.

"I had hoped for one of those fools to kill her but she's nowhere in this world right now and though I can't see for myself, I doubt she'd be able to make it far wherever she went. So, mission accomplished."

Now, Wendy was seething. She can't just say that about one of her closest friends and get away with it. As the only member of the guild who could still remember her, it was up to her to undo what she has done.

Digging one foot into the ground as Lisanna—ah, not-Lisanna—was distracted, she quietly chanted, "Ile Vernier, Ile Arms, Ile Armor, Body Anomaly Reversal Magic, Raise," and felt her magic drain while everything else increased. This woman is an unknown, not from this world, and Wendy was prepared for anything.

"Whoops," she said, widening her eyes and covering her mouth cutely, "I accidentally told you all our plans. I can't have you blabbing to everyone though. Such a pity, but I suppose you'll have to die now." And with a flick of her wrist, black... butterflies? flew towards Wendy, obscuring her vision for a moment.

Quick to react, she yelled, "Sky Dragon's... Roar!" And around her, the butterflies dispersed, leaving Wendy able to retain all of her senses again. Without another thought, she ran up to her and charged, yelling, "Sky Dragon's Crushing Fang!" And knocking her off her feet.

Still not giving her a chance to recover, she lifted her leg up, "Leading Sky Arrow! Sky Dragon's Wing Attack!" And continued attacking until the fake Lisanna was unconscious on the ground.

Wendy panted, eyes still fixated on the body on the floor, waiting for her to get up again. But before she could, her Dragon Slayer senses picked up on footsteps running towards her, proven to be correct when Mira burst through the broken door and looked around the destroyed room before her eyes landed on Wendy. And subsequently, on her not-sister.

"Wendy, are you okay?" She ran right by her not-sister, examining Wendy for any injuries.

"I'm fine," she said uncertainly, wondering when she would mention the unconscious person.

Mira, following Wendy's gaze, looked at the woman who looked just like Lisanna with something akin to sorrow.

"It's fine, Wendy." Mira said before Wendy could explain herself. "You weren't the only one not in the guild at the time. I stepped out for a bit to do some errands when she cast that spell and I've had my suspicions about her for a while. I came to terms with Lisanna's death a long time ago... I'll manage without her again. You go wash up and meet me back at the Guild, I'll deal with her."

- - - - -

And deal with her she did, as when Wendy walked into the Guild, Mira beckoned her over to one of the unused infirmary rooms wherein laid not-Lisanna with her hood down, tied to a chair with a towel shoved in her mouth.

She looked absolutely furious at them, but Mira told her not to worry, saying, "she can try all she wants, but she's not getting out of there. She's tried."

Wendy still kept a hesitant eye on her though, even as Mira brought Team Natsu in, one by one, and explained the situation to them, as they were the closest to both Lucy and Lisanna, as well as the three most affected, in an attempt to have them be the first ones the spell was lifted off of.

Understandably so, they were all pissed, Natsu especially, after finding out what they did to not only a member of their Guild but to a member of their Team.

Mira gripped the back of the fake's head and roughly yanked the towel out of her mouth, preventing her from trying to escape again.

"Go on, take the spell off." She ordered.

But the fake didn't, just smirked and muttered something. Mira, thinking she was trying to escape again, gripped tightly onto her and held her in place, rendering her unable to so much as squirm.

"That wasn't for me." She said as the ground underneath Natsu, Erza, Gray, and Wendy turned blue. Mira, who was standing behind her was left unaffected but couldn't do anything to stop them from falling through it, hearing, "have fun being stranded without any memory of why you're there." And a laugh, before the blue on the ground became smaller and smaller until it vanished completely.

- - - - -

"And I think my enchantments hadn't worn off by then, because when we woke up here, I was the only one who still remembered everything, Erza, Gray, and Natsu were just as clueless as they were before we brought them into that room." Wendy finished, playing with the hem of her dress as she waited for Lucy's response.

She expected hate, anger, sadness even, but she was wholly unprepared for Lucy hugging her tightly, letting out a sigh of relief and babbles of "thank you," though tears.

For the first time in a while, all Lucy could feel towards Fairy Tail was relief. Relief that they don't hate her, relief that Wendy tried to do everything she could to fix it, relief that it was all caused by a spell, relief that she was treated that way not because of how much they hated her, but because of how much they cared.

—————————
A/N: I think this is the only plot point I've actually had thought out since the beginning. I can't believe it finally actually happened though, with how long it takes me to upload chapters. SPEAKING OF WHICH sorry the chapter took a whole year to finish (I don't care how overused this joke is) and I hope you enjoyed :)