~The Encounter~

Dedicated to ThePrinceAdem

"I'm occupied with work now, my mind is not geared towards that, Jess."

It was the usual weekend and here sat Lisa in her comfy rented chamber and hall room. Usually, she works on weekends but today was exceptional. Their Boss had granted them leave for 2 weeks and she didn't know the reason for that. But she was grateful

She was engrossed in a conversation with her best friend Jessica whom she calls Jess. They've been best friends since their time in senior high school. Jess was the bubbly one while Lisa was the reserved one. Later after graduating, each on her career path. Lisa settled for MCA and Jess, a blogger.

"There's no harm in trying Lisa. There could be kind-hearted, loyal, and hardworking guys out there." Jess said

"But what if all they come as wolves in sheep's clothing? What if they pose differently from who they are beneath? Me I don't want any shredded heart ooo."

Jess exclaimed, "I don't understand you now, it seems those drugs you've been selling out had polluted your mind. Be optimistic, my friend. By the way, you see handsome guys moving in and out every day, don't tell me you turn them down? Or do you want to be Virgin Mary forever?"

"How can I accept a customer's proposal, I barely know them. Don't be ridiculous!" Lisa cried out.

Lisa sighed and stared into space while Jess kept on talking. "So why don't you give in, you might be lucky." Jess completed.

There was silence at Lisa's side.

"Are you there!" Jess yelled.

"Umm... I've heard you, sis." She finally replied.

"Good for you. I'll leave you to consider my words then you give me feedback. Bye!" She screamed again and hang up.

She lay on her comfy couch giving Jess's words some thought. "There's no harm in trying." The words rang in her ears but she was unsure about this decision. God should help her in this situation.

Later that evening, her Boss called.

"Good evening sir." She simply greeted.

"Evening. Lisa, I want you to do me a favour. There's this customer who would love us to deliver some drugs to him. At the moment, he's bedridden due to a minor accident he was involved in and I consider you the right person to carry out this request." He explained.

She just furrowed her brows at the statement he just made. She was refraining from telling him to choose the other two.

"Sir, please can you send me the address of this customer so I'll be able to locate him." She requested.

"I'll send it right away. Thanks for accepting. Good night." He bade.

"Good night sir."

Minutes later her phone dinged revealing the details of the customer as explained.
She breathed out deeply.

"Is this always going to remain the same? Boss always making me the centre of hatred." She asked herself.

She took a stroll outside to clear her mind. She was just a few steps away from her home when she heard someone whistle. She paid no attention to it because she does have a name and a gender.

The whistling continued yet she ignored it and continued strolling. She became startled as a masculine hand tapped on her shoulders. She swiftly turned to its owner and before her stood a handsome, heavily built dude. The perfume emanating from him was heavenly and he was wearing a Chanel watch. She stood rooted to the spot ogling the dude.