~The Quest~

"You need to know one thing you are a gem and must be discovered by the rightful owner. Do you still remember the scripture in Romans 12:1? Hold unto it and don't disappoint yourself by

The words were vividly taped into her mind. That day—that dreadful day—her mum lay on her frail back, life slowly evaporating away from her body. The last comfort was this to Lisa and she couldn't disappoint herself, she couldn't disappoint her mum.

She now drowned herself in her work as the main hurdle than wait like a damsel in distress for her knight in shining armor. Still available at her workplace with her frenemies, as usual, she didn't care but worked hard. Her body was so precious to her that if she found someone indulging in sexual escapades, it disgusts her
Why don't they wait? Why can't they suppress their feelings? Yes, we are human but we are also human to possess self-control.

Her questions, her goal.

"Serwaa, have you seen the syringes around here?" One chilly morning with the usual few drops of rain hitting the roofs, Lisa searched the drawers hoping to see the syringes they use but no sign of them.

Nonchalantly, Serwaa shook her head. "Please answer with your head when I talk," Lisa said. Serwaa raised a brow at the words of Lisa and clicked her tongue at Lisa. Lisa shook her head also and continued her work.

The door was quite dusty but the two girls sat in it probably waiting that the broom would sweep by itself. Lisa also turned a blind eye and counted the medications on the counter. A car drove to the parking lot and a lady, an exquisite one, appeared from the back seat. Taking majestic steps, she stepped into the pharmacy and straight to the counter. The busy Lisa didn't take notice of her but as her shadow hovered over her, she raised her head. The same for the two lazy girls. Noting the number in the record's book, she meticulously put the medications away and focused on the woman.

"Greetings, ma'am, please how may I help you?"

The woman smiled at her and turned her attention to the other two girls for a while before coming back to Lisa. Still, with a simple smile, Lisa waited for an answer.

" I'm not here for any drugs. I'm here for the three of you, " Lisa's eyes turned to that of wonder." It's an offer and your boss recommended you," referring to the three of them," to me and as good friends we are, I know he wouldn't pass me bad stuff. " Her eyes moved to the girls again then to the floor. Lisa trailing the eye contact felt discomfort if that would piss the woman

"Ma'am I know the place looks dusty but please take a seat here and let me fetch those two." Lisa hurriedly fetched a chair and dusted it nicely and offered the woman water which she declined. She walked to Henrietta and Serwaa and called them over.

The woman from her seat scanned Henrietta and Serwaa as they walked to her. They greeted politely as if they were mannered and stood there while Lisa fetched a set of chairs for them to sit on. At that moment the woman spoke up, "If you two can sit and lazy around watching your colleague do all the work, I think you wouldn't manage what I'll give you. She," she pointed to Lisa, "sat here taking records and you were there talking and pressing your phones during work hours. Can you manage what I'm about to hand to you? "

Pretending, they pleaded that they were sorry and the woman just shook her head in disbelief. They both shot Lisa an annoying glance, oblivious to her. " So now, the issue is I have a son who needs your help" The two smiled mischievously thinking it was a marriage proposal but Lisa wondered what kind of help this rich woman's son might need. "He has been ill for years now, as his dad and I are providing financially for his health, he needs daily care but due to our busy schedule, it's impossible. We love our son and we are hoping that a good Samaritan will offer to help one day."

Lisa wondered what illness money couldn't solve. To her, she thought rich people didn't have these kinds of problems. Well, this woman proved her wrong then.

The woman continued, "He is autistic and among his siblings, he's the only one with such illness which occurred mysteriously. In his position, his other brothers are taking care of the business. According to the doctor's report he could be healed and bounce back to life so we decided that a kind soul or soul could help us make our son whole again and thankfully your boss, offered to help by recommending you three. So what do you think? "

With a long thought in the trio's mind, Lisa spoke up," Ma'am, so when are we to report and be ready for the job? " The question asked put a glee onto the woman's face.

***

Packing her luggage for the assignment ahead of her was difficult but she had to; for her boss and also for her reputation. That evening after the whole incident, Lisa's mind played the earlier incident in her mind, still not believing the fact that rich people had their own problems and could ask for a helping hand. To her, money was the rich man's helper.

In another world sat Henrietta making mind notes on how to put up her best behavior and eradicate Lisa from the house and possibly acquire some money before she left the house. She couldn't wait to be present at the house and make life miserable for Lisa and also Serwaa but Lisa was her main target.

Her phone rang depicting her man's number. Hesitantly, she answered, rolling her eyes at the caller. "Hello."

The baritone voice replied," Hello, darling. Haven't heard from you and you're not picking up my calls?"

"Mr. Man, I don't know if you are happy that you are not well to do, and you are not making any effort to change your situation. Well for your information, " she stalled before continuing," I've been invited to a rich man's house as a guest for an important task and I don't care if you are happy with it or not. I might not be available to answer your calls, just letting you know."

"And you are now telling me?"The other voice sighed. "Well, congratulations on such an opportunity and wish you well and favor."

All this while, Henrietta sneered at the caller and at his words wishing that he would leave the line.

"Are you there? "

"Well, I have to go to bed and get prepared for my task tomorrow. Bye!" She didn't wait for him to end the call and she ended it quickly. She landed on her bed as thoughts of tomorrow loitered in her mind.

Lisa on her knees, near the foot of her bed, laid her supplications to God and asked His will be done in her life. Beads of sweat on her forehead, and some few tears flowing into the corners of her lips. Regardless, she continued with the prayer.

Long time no see but your author us here with another chapter.
Kindly vote and leave a comment... Merci dearies.... 💜💜