~First Experience~

Lisa rose up earlier to leave for her home. The older woman tried convincing her to stay but it fell on deaf ears. Lisa hurriedly took a bath while the older woman went for Lisa's dress from Frederick's room. 

On reaching his room, he lay on his bed, awake.  The older woman knocked and he responded. "You need to apologize. You failed me again."

"I know that." He sighed. "Where is she?"

"In my room." He stood up and was about to leave when the woman asked, "Where are you going?"

"To apologize." 

"Pray it goes well." He shrugged.

He came to the door and struggled to knock. Lisa, on the other side, was pacing in the room in a bathrobe offered by the older woman. Frederick knocked and Lisa answered with a matter-of-fact tone. "Nothing you would say is going to change my mind."

Frederick moved into the room but Lisa's voice stopped him halfway. "Your perverted should tell you that you need permission for entry."

He scoffed. "It's my house and my room. I choose when and where to enter."

"That's so unethical of a man of your calibre to do that," Lisa said, looking with disgust at him. "You know you should leave this moment. Who knows, you may have Aunty tired up somewhere to complete what you started yesterday."

"That's ridiculous." He commented. 

"It is?" Lisa arched her brow in question. "Then I suggest you leave because I'm not in any way going to allow you to have your way."

Frederick facepalmed. "I came to apologize," he hollered, "for yesternight. You are beautiful, gorgeous, and innocent and I didn't want you slipping away."

"I'm not a gold digger nor am I a prostitute. So as long as we accepted to be together, it's till you marry me or till… you break up with me. Listen–" That moment the older woman interrupted. 

"I think you need to excuse us," the older woman referred to Fred. 

"But–"

She shook her head in disagreement. "No buts. You need to leave, please." Slowly, he retraced his steps back to his room. "Hope he didn't act funny."

"He would have been bleeding from his head now." She sat on the bed. "You know… honestly, I loved him but this one was a sudden turn-off."

"I agree."

"Aunty," Lisa called. The older woman turned. "Why do you support me? I thought it would be the other way round."

The older woman scoffed and walked to Lisa and held her shoulders. "I'm like a mother to him. And a good mother wouldn't watch his son act foolishly. You understand me?" Lisa nodded. She walked back to where she stood. "So it's nothing special. Just performing my responsibilities."

Not long after, Lisa was leaving when Frederick came to stand at the top of the stairs. "Aunty, why do you stress over this girl? Let her go if she says so."

His words enraged Lisa the more. She decided to reply to him. "You know what? At one point you were been remorseful but now you have confirmed how cowardly you are. I pray you meet the woman of your dreams. Have a nice day."

Lisa stepped out followed by the older woman escorting her to the gate. That moment too, Fred was hit with regret like a freight train. 

"Thank you. I hope to see you again." Lisa shifted her eyes to the door from which she exited." Fred needs some good pep-talk and scolding. But… I pray he gets the woman who will bring the best guy and discard that irritating behaviour of his."

They both laughed. 

"Goodbye, my child." The older woman said after Lisa's ride arrived. 

"I will call from time to time, Aunty." 

On the road to her home, the previous scene replayed in her mind. She found it difficult to believe that something like that happened but she was grateful for a sweet and caring person like Aunt Rosina to be of help. That one too was unbelievable because she thought both parties would be in support but it was otherwise. 

"Aunty Lisa! Aunty Lisa." A voice shouted her name after she came out of the car. At first, she was startled but a second hearing calmed her down. Two boys whisked past the car and almost pushed her down. "Aunty Lisa were you on night shift today too?" The one who called asked. 

"You are inquisitive," the other boy countered in Twi. 

"Did I ask you? Has someone mentioned your name here?" The first boy fired back almost riled up. 

"But–" 

"Hey boys. Did you see me here? You know I always tell you not to argue in a menial matter like this. And you Kwame," she referred to the first boy who called her, "haven't I warned you to not retaliate in menial matters. You cause trouble too much," she also said in twi. 

"But it was Kwabena's fault." He eyed the second boy with pretence fury. 

"Whether it's his fault or yours, learn to shut your mouth sometimes. Some matters don't deserve your arguments. Understood?" 

He nodded. 

"So now hurry and go to school, time waits for…" she paused for them to continue. 

"No man!" They chorused. 

"Good, now go." They sprinted back to their household. "And be good boys," Lisa shouted the last sentence which they didn't hear. 

***

The wind was chilly as always, but that didn't seem to bother the frustrated Lisa seated in her rented apartment. Vividly, she still could remember the scene hours ago, especially the fact that Frederick shamelessly tried to take advantage of her that she didn't hear the piercing ringtone of her phone. A vigorous knock followed and that was enough force to pull her out of her reminiscing. Tired at once, she carried her unready self to the door to meet her only friend so far, behind the door. 

"So you were the one trying to bring the house down, huh?" Jessica unceremoniously pushed past her friend and made for the couch, ignoring the question presented. "Won't you answer me?" Lisa also occupied the seat she vacated. 

Still ignoring the question, Jessica requested a glass of juice and Lisa motioned to the kitchen, a frown settling on her face. "You know the way but you are still asking. 

Lisa sat watching her unwell friend move to the kitchen. She later turned her attention to the T.V after noting its existence in her room. She had settled for a movie showing on a channel when Jessica distracted her with a bowl of yam and green leafy stew. "Your emaciated self was enough proof to make me fix something for you," she added. 

Lisa gazed at her dramatic friend and back to herself but she wasn't as lean as described, she thought. Leaning in, she reached for her meal and dug in. 

Minutes later, they were seated in the living room after doing the dishes. "It's my fault," Jessica admitted and Lisa shot her a puzzled look. She sighed and continued, "for pushing you into this lovey-dovey  thing when your stubborn self wasn't ready to explore."

Lisa reached to touch her shoulders and sighed, "it's never your fault okay? You exposed me to experience the categories of people. I'm only grateful that the older woman was present to help me. I would've been defiled by now. So it tells me that next time, I'll be careful if I stumble upon such a person."

"Thanks for your words," Jessica twirled herself around and picked up the remote. "You know what? I thought you were going to be pissed with me but at least I was welcome."

"Friends are to always stand by each other. We correct our mistakes and move on." They both laughed.

Guys I'm dying to hear from you. Your votes and comments are dear to me.