~Surprise Package~

Lisa has returned to her duty post with Serwaa and her minion, Henrietta after her leave has ended. These two never make peace; there's always bickering when they're around.

As told by her boss, she was to deliver the medications to the specified customer today. She secretly wished those two had done it instead.

Even though it was now 10 a.m., two hours past the opening hour of 8 a.m., these two slackers lingered around doing nothing. They only knew about social media here and social media there.

She took out a magazine to pass the time, rolling her eyes at their usual behaviour. Customers have been filing in and out of the pharmacy since 8 a.m.

"Check this out, Serwaa. This is a Tik-Tok trend," Henrietta called out.

"What is it?" Serwaa inquired, not raising her head.

Henrietta dashed up to Serwaa's side, showing her the latest fad.

" Look up!" Henrietta called.

Serwaa raised her eyes to the trend, scrutinizing it. "I've already tried it, but it's only gotten a few likes and comments."

"Really," she exclaimed, frowning, "and you didn't tell me? You did it by yourself."

Serwaa sighed and rolled her eyes. "So I should have summoned you to my residence?"

She said, scratching her head, "No... However, you should have informed me so that I could try it. It's now even out of date."

"It's fine; don't act like a baby I know." They burst out laughing at this.

Lisa was oblivious to what they said because she was engrossed in her book. She was only doing one thing: flipping through the pages of the magazine she was carrying.

The two minions proceeded to talk among themselves.

Lisa's phone was ringing on the counter, which roused her. She hurriedly picked up the phone because her boss's name was prominently displayed on the screen.

"Good morning, sir."

"Yes, Lisa, the customer urgently requires the medications. Could you rush over to his house and hand it over?"

"All right, sir," she said. "Did he call to inform you?"

"Of course, how would I have known otherwise? So, please hurry." He hung up the phone.

She packed her belongings and rushed out of the room, but not before alerting the other two.

"This is something that both of you should take care of. I'll be gone for an extended time." She continued to explain.

They sat oblivious to what she said, then burst out laughing like it was a rehearsal.
Walking out, she dismissed them with a dismissive sweep of her hand.

She had trouble finding a taxi because it appeared to be a slow day. Only pedestrians were visible on the street.

Fortunately, a cab pulled up alongside her and honked to get her attention.

"I'm going to Osekere road-Dworwulu, please. Are you familiar with the area?" She inquired in Twi

He also replied in Twi, "Yes, please."

"How much?"

She had hoped it wouldn't be too expensive, but it was.

"Twenty cedis," he says.

Because it was so expensive, she had to negotiate with him. "I'll hand over fifteen cedis oo."

"Oh madam, business is bad these days oo, even prices of fuels have increased." He grumbled.