~Dreaded SleepOver~

After months of seeing each other, they arranged a date. Lisa strolled at the parking lot with the phone at her ear, listening to directions from Frederick for the venue of their date. Meanwhile, Frederick had spotted her, seated at the table he had reserved.

"I can't see you. Could you please give3 me a wave of something?" She asked, desperate. "A signal."

"Try harder, Lisa." Frederick urged.

She sighed, turned round, and squinted her eyes at any striking resemblance of a man. Frederick seated realized the desperate and helpless guest and went to her rescue. He whistled to a waiter and signaled him to Lisa.

"Hello, ma'am," Lisa turned her head.

"Yes?"

"Please follow me to your host." The waiter smiled and made way for Lisa. Lisa nodded and placed her phone back after composing her posture.

"Thank you," Lisa said after reaching the ready table.

"At your service," the waiter walked away.

"Good evening, Frederick." She greeted shyly. Frederick smiled, stood up, and pulled the seat for her. "Thank you."

Once seated, he opened a bottle of red wine and as he was about to pour it into Lisa's glass, she protested. "I...I don't drink wine. I'm okay." He stared at her for a while and placed the wine down. "I'm sorry for the-"

"Never mind." He clasped his fingers. "But I know the food won't be a No." She smiled shyly.

"How did he know I loved food?" She thought.

The waiter later came along with their meal and at that moment, Lisa snuck a glance at the food. "I can see you like it, let's dig in."

"The food here is very nice. I may visit here sometimes." Frederick nodded in affirmation. "Their environment is-"

Before she could complete her statement, she choked on her food. Frederick hurriedly reached out a glass of water to her but unlucky for her, she sprayed the water on his shirt. Her eyes widened when realization hit her.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"You just choked, so keep the apologies. Calm down," Frederick reasoned. He wiped the water from her face as a result of the spill.

"Thank you, so much."

"You are talking again?" She shook her head, playfully. "Good girl, now let's focus on the food."

"Why don't we do this another time?" They were in front of his gate, seated in his Lexus, the raindrops hitting against the car glass when he asked.

"I don't think so."

"Why?" Lisa stared at him. "Oh, I know. Your boss," he replied when realization dawned on him.

"No, my work. My boss wouldn't mind but my shift would." She explained.

"Ok, then... why don't I tell your boss to change your work shift."

She widened her eyes. "No, no. I love it that way, besides there are weekends now."

"Your wish is my command, then." He released his hands from the steering wheel and whooshed. "So will you stay for the night?" She turned to him. "I mean, you can spend the night here. It's somehow late to be driving at this hour."

"Okay," she replied.

"Aunty, we are home!" They arrived at Frederick's house. Deep down, Lisa didn't like the idea of staying over but the night had already appeared so she had no other choice. He turned to Lisa. "I think she's asleep, but let's go upstairs."