30. You what?

The night air was clean and refreshing. Jake strolled along the sidewalk, taking in the rest of the day. Since his birthday was coming to an end, he decided to end it on a positive note and take a nice stroll down to the park and swing a bit while drinking some coffee.

The coffee he held was the only thing keeping his hands warm in the cold. Just like the night before, it was very quite and calm which he appreciated.

As he got closer to the swings at the park he noticed a man drinking.

He must be having a rough day.

Jake sat himself on the swing and began swinging back and forth slowly while sipping his coffee. To his surprise, today was actually a good day and he enjoyed it.

Maybe the world heard him. Maybe he'll finally be happy again.

Just then, a bottle fell to the ground causing a loud clunk sound which brought him out of his thoughts.

Poor guy. Maybe I should go check on him. I'd hate if something were to happen to him after I left. I'd feel guilty.

He decided to stand up and slowly make his way over to the man but as he got closer, the man started looking younger and younger until he noticed it was someone he knew. Someone he knew a bit too well actually

"Sunghoon?"

He looked up at Jake with confusion.

"Don't tell me.." Jake picked up one of the bottles on the floor hoping it was just soda in a fancy bottle.

Disappointing him, it was not soda in a fancy bottle. He quickly tossed the bottles in the trash and stared at the younger before him.

"Hoon, you drank? What is wrong with you?"

The younger began tipping over so Jake quickly pulled him back up.

"Oh goodness." Jake sighed.

"What am I gonna do with you? Where are your keys? And your wallet? Weren't you supposed to be with Felix?" He had lots of questions but he just really wanted to get Sunghoon home.

He pulled Sunghoon up and turned around to carry him on his back. "I can't find any keys so I guess I gotta take you to my place."

Jake started walking, tossing Sunghoon higher up on his back every few steps because he was sliding down.

"Pup?"

Suddenly, Jake tensed up at the name. He hadn't heard it in a while. Should he respond to that? Was it ok?

"Yes hoon?"

Jake couldn't see it but Sunghoon was crying.

"I miss my pup."

"You what?"

Jake didn't believe him. He was drunk. He's just saying things.

Sunghoon began sniffling which caused Jake to feel bad.

"I miss my pup so much." He began full on crying and Jake stopped in his tracks. He didn't know what to do.

"It'll be ok hoon."

Jake began walking again while Sunghoon continued to cry. It broke his heart. If he hadn't been so distant in the first place, they wouldn't be in this situation right now.

"I wish my pup was here." Sunghoon said through hiccups.

"I'm right here. Don't cry ok?"

Sunghoon didn't know that Jake was there carrying him at that moment. If only he knew.

Finally, they reached Jake's door with Sunghoon now asleep. He tried to get his keys from his pocket without dropping the boy. He managed to open the door after a couple attempts and stepped inside.

Slowly but surely, he made his way up to the staircase, trying not to drop Sunghoon.

Half way up the stairs, Jake's calf strained causing him to lose his balance and slide down a couple steps, chest first, hitting his chin a bit. He quickly grabbed onto the railing and held onto Sunghoon, making sure he didn't fall too.

With all the strength he had, he endured the pain throughout his body and continued taking Sunghoon up.

Even if he was bleeding out and dying, he would make sure Sunghoon was safe first.

Finally, after 10 minutes of dragging Sunghoon on his back, he managed to reach his room and lied the younger on his bed.

Jake was in so much pain and his chin was bleeding from hitting the step a bit too hard, but that wasn't gonna stop him from tucking Sunghoon in and staring at him for a bit.

He moved a piece of hair away from Sunghoons face and sighed. Oh how he wished he could call Sunghoon his own.

"Goodnight hoonie."

Jake then stood up and began limping to the door, but before he left, Sunghoon began mumbling something.

"I miss Jake." He began to sob again.

He limped back over to the bed and giggled sadly.

"I miss you too."

He wiped a tear that was sliding down the side of Sunghoons face. "No more crying for tonight. Sleep well hoonie."

Sunghoon began growing silent after a while and Jake smiled before finally limping out of the room.

He shut the door behind him and made his way to the bathroom. Looking in the mirror, his chin was covered in blood which dripped down his neck, making a trail of red.

The things he would do for Sunghoon. If only he knew what happened tonight.

-