31. Drunk Words Are Sober Thoughts

Sunghoon sat up and quickly held his head in both hands. It was pounding like no tomorrow and he felt like puking. From what he could remember, he went to the park and drank.

He looked around and noticed that he was not on the park bench anymore though.

This room. It's too familiar. It's not mine, but I know who's.

Just then, the door opened and he saw Jake with a tray in both hands.

They both froze and stared at each other with wide eyes, not knowing what to say to each other.

"When did you wake up?" Jake broke the silence, sounding a bit stiff, and limped over to the bed side with the tray of food.

Sunghoon watched as the crippled boy tried his best to not drop what he was holding while making his way over.

"Just now actually...."

Jake set the tray on the night stand beside the bed and smiled, awkwardly.

"Don't ask....just..eat and then go back to sleep. You can go home when you feel better."

With that, Jake turned around and limped out of the room as fast as his strained leg could take him.

Sunghoon sat there, a bit confused, but was indeed grateful.

"Thanks.." He whispered with a smile before eating.

Jake stood on the other side of the door with his heart beating out of control. Would you calm down? He pounded on his chest and then quickly winced in pain, remembering that it was bruised.

The things Sunghoon did to him without even doing anything made Jake go crazy. Just as he was beginning to move on too.

-

Jake set his phone down on the sink counter and looked in the mirror

Jake set his phone down on the sink counter and looked in the mirror. He took his shirt off and stared at the large red line on his chest. That's where he fell on the stairs. It was gonna start bruising soon, he could feel it.

Bringing his hand up to his chin, he began peeling the bandaid off to replace it.

Just then, without warning, Sunghoon walked in and froze in the doorway. After staring for a few seconds he slowly shut the door and turned around, hitting his face.

"Did you need the bathroom?"

"No! I'm ok!"

Jake opened the door back up and was faced with Sunghoons back.

"Turn around."

Sunghoon stiffly turned and was faced with a shirtless Jake. His eyes immediately looked down at the red line across his chest and then widened.

"What happened!?" There was panic in his voice which made Jake's chest tighten.

"Nothing..I just fell down the stairs." He technically wasn't lying.

"And your chin?" Sunghoon pointed.

"Hit it on the stairs."

Sunghoon didn't know it but his face was turning redder by the minute. It gave Jake butterflies seeing that he still had an effect on the younger.

They stood there for a bit and then Sunghoon walked into the bathroom and began digging in the cabinet. Jake stood there confused.

"What are you doing?"

Sunghoon didn't bother looking up at him and continued to search for whatever it was he was looking for.

"Just sit down..."

Jake obliged and waited until Sunghoon came over to him. He held a bandaid in his hands with a cotton swab, alcohol pad, and ointment.

The younger began opening the alcohol pad and looked at the older. "It's gonna sting..."

Jake sucked in the inside of his cheeks, trying to contain his smile and nodded.

Sunghoon closed the distance and began cleaning the dried blood from the cut. Jake hissed in pain from the immense stinging he felt. Just then, Sunghoon blew on it a bit which subsided the pain.

Jake couldn't help but get butterflies. His heart was beating so fast that it might as well just fly out of his chest and run away.

Same with Sunghoon. His hands were a bit shaky while applying the ointment because he was nervous.

Why do I feel this way..

Sunghoon began asking himself.

He slowly and neatly placed the bandaid on his chin and ran his thumb over the whole thing lightly and smiled at his work.

"Done."

The two boys were still up close and personal with one another and they both were afraid to move away from the position.

Jake stared into Sunghoon's brown eyes which he hadn't done in forever and allowed himself to drown in the depth.

Unknowing and unaware, Sunghoon began leaning forward, closing even more distance between them and soon everything ended there.

Their lips touched just slightly and both allowed themselves to give in.

Jake brought his hand up to Sunghoons cheek and pulled him just a bit closer, making the kiss a full one.

Quickly after that, Sunghoon pulled back and looked away, hiding his red face. He abruptly stood up and ran out of the bathroom, closing the door behind him, leaving Jake all alone.

Jake scoffed with a sly smile on his face. He couldn't believe that just happened.

Sunghoon was on the other side of the door with his hand on his chest. His heart was beating so fast which he hadn't experienced before.

Maybe this was a new start for the both of them.