chapter 3

Previously...

"This place is beautiful! Do you live here all alone?" Luz asked Eda, while I looked at her curiously. Then we hear what I suppose are loud footsteps,"Actually, I have a roommate." Eda said. Then a voice spoke out," Who dares intrude upon I, the king of demons?" A tiny dog-like thing said. Not gonna lie he looks quite adorable. Luz though so too because right after he finished talking she ran over to him, picked hi up, and cuddled with him while speaking a little bit in Spanish.

"Eda, he's so cute! Who's a widdle guy? Who's a widdle guy? Is it you? Is it you?" Luz exclaimed and asked.

"No! I don't know who your little guy is! Eda, who is this monster?" He exclaimed, trying to escape from Luz' arms.

"Oh, this is Luz and Y/n, the humans. They're here to help us with our little... situation," She said, but she also muttered so Luz and King couldn't hear, "And the fact that one is my soulmate." I pretended I didn't hear but I know she is right. I have the dimension spell so I can just come back if I need to. For now I stay here with Luz until she is safe.

"Oh! Hooray!" King exclaimed happily

"Wait, wait, wait. I don't like the sound of this "situation." Luz said, worriedly. I looked at Eda too with caution and curiosity.

"Just... let me explain. King was once a mighty king of demons, until his crown of power was stolen, and he became... this," Eda said, pointing to King who was still in Luz' arms.

"You mean this little bundle of joy?" Luz said, happily.

"The crown is being held by the evil Warden Wrath and locked away behind a magical force field that only a human can break through... a human like you two," Eda continued.

"If you help us retrieve his crown, we'll send you both back to your realm," Eda said with a hint of sadness in her eyes. "So whaddya say? Plus, who could say no to this cute face?" Eda continued, pointing in King's direction.

Now...

"No! Please don't encourage her! Aah!" King yelled as Luz squeezed him tighter.

"I mean, we're kinda your only way home," Eda stated, with what looks like fake sympathy. I don't want to mention the dimension spell yet so I kept quiet and looked at Luz.

"So we don't really have a choice, do we Y/n?" Luz asked me. I looked at her and nodded my head in agreement, if all else fails I still know the dimension spell.

"Nope. Now, we've got no time to lose... but before that..." Eda turned towards me." Earlier you were able to grow wings and a tail... so you want to explain that?' She questioned me. "It's quite simple, I am not a human." I stepped closer to her and my eyes turned to slits," I am something far more destructive." Then I took a step back and gave an innocent smile," So we should get going right. Lead the way, Owl Lady,"I said.

[squeaks]

"Soon, Mr. Ducky, we shall drink the fear of those who mocked us," King said.

"Where are we going? Somewhere super fun," Luz asked.

[thunder and lighting for weather]

"The Conformatorium, a place for those considered unsuitable for society," Eda said.

"Whoa. These guys really have the hots for you," Luz said looking at a wanted poster of Eda and King. I was close behind her and said to Eda, "You all go on ahead, I am going to go on ahead and get rid of enemies from the shadows." Luz nodded while Eda and King looked shocked that I grew wings and a tail again only it was black this kind instead of red. From there on out I stayed in the shadows and got rid of most of the guards. These guys are nothing compared to other enemies I have.