Chapter 12

"Y/n..."

"Y/n.."

"Y/n, you need to open your eyes."

"Hmm, Mavis is that you?" finally opening my eyes I see Mavis looking over me in the Dreamscape with Zeref leaning on a tree. I closed my eyes again while nodding my head for Mavis to continue.

"Y/n, listen closely, something is wrong with Eda," her voice sounded so serious, I knew she was telling the truth. Snapping my eyes open again, I sit up from my laying down position and glare at Mavis," What do you mean something is wrong with Eda?"

Zeref, who was watching from behind Mavis, stepped forward with his hands open," calm down Y/n. What Mavis meant is Eda's magic was fading when you put her in the nest. We are concerned because it seems similar to the curse we had. But, it also feels completely different."

Softening my eyes I look down and think, Eda felt exhausted when she did that spell. Does she perhaps have a curse. But wouldn't she say something? Shaking my head i look at Mavis and Zeref again and nod my head," Yeah, she does show signs of having a curse, but wouldn't King or Hooty know and tell Luz and I?"

Mavis shook here head, "Hooty seems to forgetful and King is just a kid. I don't think Eda has told either of them what is going on."

Nodding my head I replied back," I will look in her room, try to find a clue to see if she has a curse. In the mean time, can you two think of any curses from Fiore that she is showing signs of having?"

Mavis shook her head no but Zeref thought for a bit and hesitated," Zeref, if you know anything, please, tell me," I asked with a desperate tone.

Lookin slightly nervous he responds," Her symptoms, they seem extremely similar to someone who doesn't no what soul magic is."

"Soul magic huh. Like Satan soul or Dragon Soul?" I asked.

"Yes, that would make sense. I believe Mirajane from Fairy Tail is a good example. When she first began experiencing Satan soul she didn't know it was magic and thought it was a curse. Maybe Eda is thinking similar to her," Mavis continued for Zeref.

"I'll keep that in mind. Thank you for the help," and with that the Dreamscape began to fade and I was back in Eda's room. I immediately stood up and began looking around. Sticks, twigs a chest.

'Yeah, I am not looking in that,' I thought before turning around I looked closer around her nest.

"Hmm. What is that?

A piece of paper was lying on the floo and when I picked it up it said," keeps the curse at bay," but there was nothing with it. Looks like it was ripped off or something. I felt a magic spike behind me and a smell of feathers hit my nose. Turning around I see Eda growing bigger and gaining feathers. Normally I would fight something like this but this isn't just some random beast. This is Eda, my soulmate, and I don't want to hurt her. So I jumped up into the ceiling and hid in the shadows.

"Grrr," a deep growl eliminated from Eda before it turned towards the window and ..

Crash!!

Eda went through the window and landed on the ground. She is gone, hopping down I went through the door and down to the kids.

SMASH!!

Going down the stairs I saw Luz and King on the floor next to a broken bottle.

"Golden elixir. Gone! This is awful," Luz yelped sadly.

" Who even needs a light spell when we have tons of lamps?" King asked before the lamps flared and died. Luz looked over at King and began glaring at him. I finally decide to intervene when Hooty began to make sound, Eda must have attacked him.