chapter 9

I am watching in awe as the roots are still writing around Willow. Willow finally seems to snap out of it, leaning forward worriedly and letting the roots fall.

"Oh, no, no, no, no, no! I'm so sorry!" Willow said, as she makes the roots still wrapped around Luz's legs retreat.

I rub my leg and say,"it's okay. The thorns only went through a few layers of skin."

Willow then gets very close to me, forcing me to lean back a bit.

"So... circly," Willow said, staring at my ears. I then squeal in embarrassment and cover my ears.

"You're ! This is astounding!" Willow gasps and grabs Luz's face, then helps her stand and walks around her," A human on the ! How'd you get here? What are you doing here?"

I was about to answer when some bells started ringing.

Willow flinched and put Luz's arm down," Uh, I'm sorry. I can't stay. I have to go disappoint my teacher. It was nice to meet you, human," walks away, half-waving.

I half-wave back, but then I rush after her," Wait! I'm Luz. And you're Willow, right? What you did with that flower and those plants, it was... wow," I said with awe.

"Thanks, but... I'm not even supposed to be doing plant magic. My parents put me in the at school," Willow said sadly.

I squeal, and grab Willow," Like, magic school?"

Willow nods and I can't help but get excited.

"That's so cool!" I said, letting Willow go," I'm so jealous. I have two teachers, but their lessons are a bit... untraditional and difficult. I bet she wouldn't even let me enroll but I wish I could spend one day there," I said with excitement.

"I wish I could get a passing grade for once. Then people would stop calling me "Half‐a‐Witch Willow," Willow said with a sad look. She kicks her spilled abomination, which groans, and then starts walking towards the school's front doors.

"Hey, wait. I know how we can both get what we want," I pick up abomination goo in both hands and splashes it on my hoodie, "Make me your abomination. I'll get you a good grade, and you can get me into magic school. It's fiendishly clever."

"What?" Willow exclaimed.

"I saw that girl's thing. It's just chunks of stuff that talks weird. I'm chunks of stuff, and I talk weird!" I exclaimed.

"That's true, "Willow giggled," Okay. It's a deal. Luz," she said and we shook hands.

"This is a great plan," I said. We tried to pull our hands apart, but the abomination goo on my sleeves made us stuck together.

"Oops. Abomination goo," Willow said

I use my foot to free us, but the force sends me splashing in the goo on the ground.

"Great plan," I grumbled to herself while Willow perks up. On the way to the front door of the school my arm where the words started to itch again. I just shrugged it off.

"Welcome to Hexside School of Magic and Demonics. Remember to stay hidden, okay?"

I was inside Willow's abomination pot, squealing and giggling silently. She then began bringing me inside of Hexside. Willow stopped at a locker, tickling it to make it open its mouth and give her her books. That is when a shorter witch reading a magazine bumps into her.

"Hmm?" Willow said.

"Willow, you would not believe humans," he said but was cut off by a nervous Willow.

"Humans? Psh. I haven't seen any. What?"

He then showed her the magazine he was reading before," Did you know that humans nail barbed wire to their kids' teeth? But why? Maybe to make them magnetic."