Chapter 11

"And here we have the most fearsome creature in the world, the King of . Facing his natural enemy, the ducky sock!" Luz says while using her phone to record King.

"Where are you now, ducky sock?" King grunted while tearing the sock into pieces and punching the remnants.

I was still reading a book on demons when Luz asked," So, why'd you call Y/n and I here again?"

" Oh, yeah," King said before climbing up a table." Human Luz and Dragon Slayer Y/n, you've been so obsessed with training that you haven't learned anything about my kind. Prepare yourself for... Demons 101," he stated excitedly, ripping off a curtain to reveal a corkboard of photos of various demons. He then puts on a hat and spins the cord on the top of it." Demons like me are grim tricksters of the twilight, creatures of sulfur and bone. "

I continued to say nothing looking at the book I was reading and comparing to the pictures. Some of them seemd to line up but others seems... wrong. I was looking at the Snaggleback in particular noticing it was quite off from what the book was saying.

"Luz, pay attention. This information could save your life someday," King expressed in annoyance. I looked at Luz and raised an eyebrow while she replied back," No, no. I am so paying attention. This is my paying attention face." Nodding at her own words like they were a fact she made noises that projected that she was right and King was wrong," Mm-hmm, mm-hmm, mm-hmm." A flash and boom is outside and I can tell a storm is here but when sniffing the air it smells off.

"Uh-oh. Looks like it's gonna rain," King stated emphasizing the obvious.

" I love the rain," Luz asserted happily, before getting up and heading out the door. Something was wrong though and I followed in suit of Luz. The air, it smells wrong.

" Hey, wait," King yelled from behind us.

By the time I was outside Luz was kneeling on the ground next to a flower when I noticed the first drop of rain, but is made the flower wither as soon as the drop hit it.

"What?" Luz voiced in disbelief while I ran and covered her with my body immediately.

"Boiling rain! Everybody inside now!" Eda yelled, running towards the Owl House. I immediately grabbed Luz and ran inside the house Eda running close behind. When we got inside though I had a few burns from the boiling rain but those would heal fast.

"Phew! That was close. But the important thing is you didn't get hurt," Eda said with a grin. Luz looked freaked out but relatively unharmed since I was covering her with my body. Luz turned towards me and asked," Are you ok Y/n? You used your body to cover me."

Looking down at her I gave a gentle smile," I'm ok Luz, I have a high pain tolerance so this is nothing." King then cam over with some bandages proceeding to put one one my arm and one on his snout.

"Look, now we're boo-boo buddies," He declared. That was adorable and Luz was thinning the same since she squealed and said," Oh, my gosh, I love you so much," than she looked at Eda, who looked like she was creating a force field of some kind, and continued," A boiling rainstorm on the Boiling Isles. The weather here is so fun."

"Are there any other weather patterns we should know about?" I asked with a concerned voice.

Eda looked nervous and answered," Yeah, we don't have weather. We have plagues, gorenados, shale hail, painbows."

" It's like a rainbow but looking at it turns you inside out," King conveyed making me look at Luz concerned. Luz showed panic at her words and pulled her drawstrings of her hoodie closed. I pat her on the head trying to comfort her while Eda continued talking. "So, until the boiling rain stops, no one is allowed outside tonight."