Chapter 10

"OW!" Hooty yelped

"Have you seen Luz?" Eda asked. Y/n behind her looks passive. In reality, he was freaking out.

"I heard her tiny mouse feet walking close by. Or that might've been some mice. Anyway, someone started moving in that direction," Hooty replies, Slightly gesturing with his head in the general direction. "Hoo, hoo‐hoo, hoo."

"Are you trying to point, or—?" Eda was cut off

"Look at the weather vane!" Hooty said. Y/n and Eda look up and take notice of the direction," But the only thing that way is the..." Gasps. "No," she said as she Runs off in that direction. Y/n now showing his worry follows her," No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!"

"What's wrong Eda why do you keep saying no?" Y/n questioned with worry. He was running right beside Eda easily keeping up the pace with her.

They reach Hexside and look into various windows. The first is a kindergarten classroom. Y/n's confusion is solved right away, "ahh so it is just school. Now I get it."

" Okay, everyone. Recite your runes," a teacher says. All the Kids then start reciting," Krom, Zix, Elgrim, Zenomide—"

"No. Blind obedience," Eda says, sliding her hand down the window being dramatic. Y/n rolls his eyes and chuckles. Gosh, I love you Eda but sometimes you are way over the top.

Looking at Luz now I can tell she is having an interesting time. Well, there is no reason for us to be here if she isn't in danger.

"Come on Eda, let's leave her alone for a bit."

Eda looked like she wanted to argue against it but with the look on my face, she silently agreed. So we headed back to the Owl House where we came across a huge, smelly problem.

"Oh boy, I hope Luz is having a better time than we are"

With Luz...

Right now Luz is in the wide cafeteria and is questioning her life choices right about now. She is in the pot and covered in goo and right about now having a massive headache.

"I am sorry mistress, but this is a side effect of the spell" an apologetic voice rang out in her head.

"It's ok Corona, I will be ok," Luz thought, smiling mentally at her.

"Hey. Do humans eat PB&J's?" Gus asked with a look of wonder.

"As much as I would love to eat real food I cannot if I don't want the spell to wear off," I said in my gravelly voice.

Gus looked concerned but that moment was ruined by a girl that doesn't know when to quit.

"What was that about a spell wearing off? Abominations don't cast spells! I know you're in there! You can't hide from me. What are you? Who are you? I want answers!" A silky yet annoying voice cried out grabbing me by my shirt and shaking me violently.

"Not going to lie, I like when she is close to me," I blushed at my thoughts. What can I say, she looks pretty and is making me feel weird. As soon as a shrill voice rang out I went back to acting.

"Amity Blight,"

Amity stops shaking Luz," Huh?"

"I suspected a twinge of jealousy, but this, this is just sad." the teacher said in disappointment.

" But I—No! Look at it."

Quickly falling back into the act I groan with my gravely voice and throw my head back down.

"Report to Principal Bump's office."

" But—"

"Now!"