Chapter 13

Mmhm...

Mmhm...

Opening my eyes to the groaning I realize that the groaning isn't mine. I feel a body shivering next to mine and when looking down I realize that Eda is shivering and groaning in her sleep. Looks like she is having a nightmare. I know what those are like.

Gently grabbing her shoulder I speak," Eda, Eda wake up." It took a bit of time but eventually, my word got to Eda and she finally opened her eyes which were gleaming with tears. After letting the tears fall down her face she felt the realization that I woke her up and began to wipe her tears away from her eyes.

Grabbing her hands I spoke again softly," Stop." She did as told but showed a face of dislike.

"I know you are not a fan of people seeing weakness in you but you shouldn't force yourself to hold all your emotions back." She nodded slowly at my words before showing a blush and looking down.

Confused I tilt my head before she spoke," Ca-can you let go." I then looked down and realized I was still holding her hands. Immediately I let go with a blush on my face stuttering out a sorry.

About five minutes after that embarrassing wake-up call I begin to look outside. The sun isn't even up yet. Looking at Eda she also noticed the sun wasn't up. Right, I need to call Fairy Tail and ask Mirajane some questions. Looking over at Eda I wanted to ask about her curse," Eda, has anyone ever tried to find a cure for your curse."

She sighed and looked down," Yes. While I was in my teenage years, I looked for a cure but never found any. Instead, I found King and Hooty who I don't regret meeting." I nodded my head before asking her to continue," The only other people who bothered looking for a cure were my mom and... our other soulmate."

My head shot up with wide eyes. If our other soulmate looked for a cure but never found one then, did they give up on Eda or after/

She noticed my look before stating," They were the one who always supported me no matter what. We met as kids a long time ago so when they found out I was going to look for a cure for my curse they came with me." She paused and frowned before continuing," However I... I was a complete idiot. I kept pushing them away thinking I would hurt them. In the end, before I met King or Hooty, we broke up deciding it was for the best."

My eyes looked sad but she continued," I'm sorry, it's my fault you haven't met them." Looking at her sadly I stepped forward and gently but firmly brought her into my arms," What happened is not your fault. You were just trying to protect them from something you had no idea how to control. This also isn't' their fault. No, the blame lies solely on the person who first put this curse on you. I only have one question about our soulmate though."

She looked at me with wide eyes and nodded her head for me to continue," What is their name?" She smiled and got out of my arms while heading to the chest. She then proceeded to take out a picture. When looking at a picture a young Eda was standing next to someone with teal hair, bronze skin, and green eyes.

"Their name is Rain Whispers and they are a part of the bard coven." Nodding my head I look at the picture," so what instrument do they play?" She smiled and stated," They mostly know how to play all instruments but they mainly play the violin."

I perked up at that since I know how to play the violin too. Eda seemed to notice since she gave a glance," Do you know how to play the violin." I nodded before saying." In times of celebration at the guild, I would always play the violin for music."

She nodded before asking," What was your guild like?" Smiling, I began telling her the basics of my world. When she found out that you get a guild mark when entering a guild she asked to see mine.

Nodding, I rolled up my sleeve revealing my shoulder. She gently began touching it and my dragon was purring with the touch.

"Does the mark you get from a guild affect your magic?" She questioned causing me to look at her weirdly. "The only thing a guild mark shows is which guild you are affiliated with. Nothing more than that."

Her eyes widened at that before telling me why she asked. Apparently, here there are different convens and when joining a coven you are to gain a coven mark making you only have the specific type of magic.

Shaking my head I burst out," That is so messed up. The magic someone possesses shouldn't be blocked to the standards of one person. If you can use multiple then you should be able to use multiple."

Eda smiled at my words while nodding her head in agreement with my words," Emperor Belos is the most powerful on the Boiling Isles, I am sure you heard this. Well, when he came to power he decided the best way to keep things orderly around here was to form the coven system."

I nodded before looking outside, the sun was already up and I remembered I still had to call Fairy Tail. looking at Eda she was also looking at the sun and then towards me.

"I need to go and call Fairy Tail." Eda looked at me with a raised eyebrow before I continue," There are some questions that I need answers to that they might have. I also want to ask two friends of mine if they can come and teach Luz some magic."

She nodded before getting up," I have more potion to make for deliveries." I nodded and after saying goodbye and heading off into the forest I couldn't help but think," I promise Eda, soon, you'll never have to worry about your 'curse' again.

Words: 1,014