Chapter 13

"I tell you, father, the one at guilt is that cheeky blonde prince! Why won't you believe me?!" Indra half yelled as he looked at his father furiously in the eyes. Hagoromo put a wrinkled hand tentatively on Indra's shoulder with a kind gaze.

"Son, I know you have a personal vendetta against that young prince. So, I cannot trust youe judgment. Plus, I have detected no sort of charms or jutsu from his necklace, which you have been talking about." Hagoromo replied calmly to his volcano of a son, who seemed content to explode any minute.

"If you do not believe me, you will regret it. You. Asura. Everybody." he hissed as his eyes glowed a flaming red, Sharingan flickering on and the tomoes spinning wildly in their blacks amidst the sheet of glassy crimson.

"You need to control yourself, Indra." Hagoromo said, his eyes scanning Indra's face to discern his current outburst of emotions.

"You are fools." Indra said as the aura around him grew colder and his temper rose every minute he spoke.

"Well ain't that savvy." one of Hagoromo's direct disciples spoke, causing Indra to run towards him, intending to attack.

"Stop it." Hagoromo stood in between and with much ease, pushed Indra away from the disciple. "Confine yourself in your room, and collect your thoughts. I am afraid son- that you have gone insane."

"And maybe he is, who would know?" Naki laughed as he stepped out from behind Hagoromo, a blue thread connected from Naki's eyes to the saint of Ninshu's. Mind control. Naki was controlling his father. There was no way anyone could exist that could best his father, and yet there was.

"He's not a god. Neither are you. Lemme just tell you, you're all aliens, he's a full blood, and you're half blood aliens, do I make sense? And if Princess were to say- have you seen that really old movie Aliens? Yeah, you're just like those black alien thingies from it and in front of actual Ayakashi, you're practically nothing, so to say. Not to mention a god darn phoenix, don't you think so?" Naki smiled as he put an arm around Hagoromo. The thread extended to even the disciples. Even Asura. Everyone was under control. Except him.

"I can't control you, is that what you're thinking? Cause you know, thats completely wrong. I can do it if I want to. Make you fall in love with me, even. But I've decided there's no need. This is just temporary anyways. You can have your own mind, for kicks. Then everyone will return to being normal with you once I leave. Savvy?" Naki was still smiling, neither intimidated nor troubled by Indra. He felt as if Indra was an ant that could do nothing. And in the face of such power, Indra had to say- he felt helpless. Small like an ant in front of the blowing wind. Something he couldn't even touch.

"Okay, have fun with your family, your relatives and whoever these guys are supposed to be. See you." Naki smiled and curtseyed, then walked out. As soon as he did, the threads disappeared and his father started talking again, as if nothing had happened. It was like a mass level hynoptism jutsu. Something he hadn't ever believed to have existed before. He felt defeated as he looked at Asura glancing at him, completely horrified. An emotion that wasn't even his own, just a foul trickery committed upon him by one he believed as a friend. By one, Indra had to say, he himself had thought of as a friend. How foolish. His father spoke to him again, loud and clear.

"Indra. To your room. Now."

"Yes, father." the elder prince of Ninshu left with gritted teeth and a bitter resolve.