Chapter 10

Hermione was eating takeaway and watching football re-runs on the telly on her exciting Friday night.

Ginny had asked her if she'd join her at the club but after the whirlwind of a day with seeing clients (read: Astoria), seeing a decaying body, and having the most intense phone call of her life - she was okay with having a night to herself.

She wanted to be angry with Malfoy for what happened in the alley but couldn't find it in her to do so. It was her fault for not pushing him away and blurring the lines... her fault for agreeing to take him on as a client in the first place instead of following her ethical code.

Her thoughts suddenly wandered more towards Scorpius. If there was ever to be more with Malfoy (which wasn't happening), it wouldn't be fair to Scorpius to have someone so... inept with children. The happy Mini Malfoy deserved someone who was comfortable and experienced.

Her phone vibrated and she saw the image for the caller ID of the message and smirked.

🪳🪳🪳 Scorp and I are having an exciting night in with books. How about you?

Hermione chewed her bottom lip. The message was seemingly normal.

H: Also having an exciting night in but with wine and takeaway.

🪳🪳🪳 What's takeaway?

Hermione snorted.

H: Muggle food delivered to my flat. 

🪳🪳🪳 Does takeaway deliver to Knightsbridge?

Hermione re-read his message several times. Malfoy lived in one of the wealthiest neighborhoods in London.

She was also surprised he lived in Muggle London to boot. It was another realization that she barely knew the wizard who frequently occupied her mind and drove her barmy.

H: Not surprising you would live in the most snobbish neighborhood in London.

🪳🪳🪳 My Muggle neighbors are actually very nice, you twit.

She rolled her eyes but couldn't help feeling impressed considering the ignorance he was raised with. He talked to his neighbors?

Somehow she couldn't picture Malfoy casually picking up the newspaper off his porch and having a polite chat with a Muggle.

🪳🪳🪳 Come over and help us order takeaway.

That sounded like a horrible idea. She could think of dozens of reasons on why she should not go over there, and admittedly one of those included Astoria's subtle comment about Malfoy's cock.

Not that there was anything subtle about his cock, according to Astoria.

🪳🪳🪳 Stop over-thinking, Hermione.

H: Stop calling me Hermione, Draco.

🪳🪳🪳 Say that to me again, in person.

His response wasn't threatening, but imagining him saying something like that low in her ear had her pulse quickening.

H: I'm in my jim-jams.

🪳🪳🪳 And wearing your Niffler slippers?

H: Perhaps.

🪳🪳🪳 Salazar, please come over.

After nearly five minutes of the over- thinking he specifically told her not to do, she was stepping out of the floo and entering his home.