Chapter 13

Finishing her pile of notes, Hermione was utterly distracted.

Two days since the realization the murderer was most likely a Mind Healer.

Two days since she heard from Malfoy and was snogged passionately in her living room.

Both events were occupying her mind.

Malfoy was argumentative and arrogant, but also an attentive father and could be incredibly sweet. She also thought about how he wanted to fuck her into the couch. Merlin, she wanted that.

Even with making a referral to a different Mind Healer, relationships with clients were banned for several years after termination. With him not being officially her client, it was a grey area.

All of it was grey, really.

Equally troublesome, there was something about this case she felt they were missing. Questions unanswered.

Why Muggleborns?

If he was running an experimental treatment, the subject pool should be representative of the population. There was something important about them being Muggleborn, but what was it?

Though thankful, it was curious he hadn't kidnapped more Muggleborns, replacing his subjects. What happens after the final victim is killed? What comes next?

What's his end game?

A knock on her office door and immediately being opened had her her eyes flashing up in annoyance, but her pulse quickened in seeing the visitor was Malfoy.

A very different response from when he last entered her office.

There was a confident smirk and a mischievous glint reflecting in the molten silver.

"Can I help you, John Smith?" she smirked back, pretending he wasn't a distraction and going back to her notes.

"I'm here to help you, Mind Healer Granger," he drawled, walking up to her.

"Oh?" she said, raising a brow.

He smirked, coming around to her side of the desk, looking incredibly enticing in his Auror robes.

Malfoy leaned over her, hands gripping the armrests of her chair and caging her in.

His face lowered until his lips were brushing against the shell of her ear.

"Can I taste your cunt, Mind Healer Granger?"

It felt as if the air was completely knocked out of her and all she could do was gape like a fish out of water.

"This is... unexpected," she finally said weakly while his teeth grazed her pulse point.

Malfoy chuckled darkly. "I can't stop thinking about you," he whispered, leaning back slightly to look approvingly at her pencil skirt and heels before meeting her eyes. His pupils were blown wide open, now only a thin line of silver amongst the black.

"I was going to take you out to dinner like a proper gentleman..." One hand lazily traced up her calf to under her knee to the side of her thigh while still leaning over her. "But I'm far too selfish."

She couldn't even find it in herself to be embarrassed for having completely drenched knickers.

Malfoy's bottom lip slowly caught in his teeth as he knelt down, hands gripping her thighs before pinching at the hem of her skirt.

"May I?" he whispered, looking up at her hungrily. "Please?"

"Yes," she said, barely audible, her heart beating out of her chest, trembling with anticipation.