Anirudh received a phone call about Chandrachur

Around 1985 48 years Bondita RC pov:

Nearly after 3 weeks of complete bedrest from hysterectomy (uterus removal) surgery  , with much difficult I  got permission from my patibabu and our grown up children to get back to my daily routine.

After being stuck on hospital bed for 1 week and bed rest in home  for another 2 weeks today I am feeling much better. I am able to do Durga Puja  and make coffee for my 57 years aged Patibabu 🤭.

Despite of the fact that our children and he himself also prepares good coffee for him still he likes coffee made by me. If I am unwell means the first thing he is going to do is mess up his daily routine, don't take care of himself and always sit beside me. Our children especially our daughters can manage him,  upto some extent but not completely, ultimately he can be handled only by me. I wonder if I leave this world before him how can he get recovered. If I say this out infront of him he will start his loud speaker session and start blabbering about his death which I don't want to hear at all. So Only for him I have focused on my health , hardly spent bed ridden days , took proper medication and finally today I am getting back to our routine.

I have done puja, payed respect to my late kaka sasurji Trilochan Roy Chowdhary and late  sasurji Binoy Roy Chowdhary photos which are garlanded in our living room and felt tears when remembering them.

I am sorry I forgot to tell you about our children to you.. we have daughters and sons equally. By seeing plural words of sons and daughters you may be thinking that we went for multiple pregnancies neglecting my health increasing population of country, right?

Actually the open secret which our children also know is some of them only came through my womb but others are also our children only . We adopted them but we didn't show any difference and partiality in our parents love towards them.

We are so proud to announce that all our children are well settled in their professions and our daughters also got married in good families. Our son in laws also pay respect towards us and treat us as their parents.

I will introduce my children to you later right now phone in my patibabu study room  is ringing, he  picked it up and talking.  Actually we both planned to visit our farmlands and guesthouse near to it and spend some quality time . Our children went to their workplaces .  I got ready and waiting for him  We are visiting that place,  our favourite place after many months  which is in city outskirts.

I should see if it's important call or not

________

Anirudh POV:

It's a phone call from ashram. Yes we both started an ashram many years ago for orphans, physically and mentally challenged persons and who are left as orphans in this world.  My children also work there whenever they get free time..

I have taken strict precautions in appointing staff over there.  They all are kind hearted and dedicated to serve the need. But ashram manager  Dinesh manager gave me an important news about the most disgusting person in our life, especially my Bondita's life.

Dinesh: Anirudh sir, Doctor have come today to check chandrachur and he told that his time is running short. Hardly he can survive only few hours. He is requesting , literally begging me from many days that he want to talk to you and Bondita madam.

Me: Dinesh, how can I bring her there? Even she also recovered from a Major surgery recently. And that person,.. I never want Bondita madam to see his face.

Dinesh: I know that sir, ok atleast you please talk to him on phone. He is continuously weeping , not taking food, medicines and this deteriorated his health more. Also you know that he got paralyzed many years ago . All his body parts are deteriorating in these years and reached to the worst condition.  You only told that there are no one for him. So you think and tell me sir.

I have moved impatiently on sofa, smacking my forehead with my fingers. Dinesh is  still in call  and I asked him to keep the receiver near Chandrachur ears.

It seems that Dinesh have told him that I am on line, I tried to convince him that be peaceful atleast in the last moments.

With his trembled and vague voice he hardly could say 'Ba...rri..shter baabu, I....I am g.o..ing.Be....fore that I want to bang my...head n...ea..r her feet , n..ear that... Go...desss..feet'

He is hardly trying to say something more I asked him to give to Dinesh.. Latter also convinced me to come to ashram and visit for one last time. By today everything will be over.

I am in deep thoughts how can I say this to her that devil wants to meet her before he leaves the world. My only worry Is  it will traumatise her past, her nightmare past.

She came and placed her hand in my shoulder and asked what happened Patibabu.

I couldn't say anything and cuddled her deeply  as if I am hiding her in me, or trying to heal her before I give pain carrying more pain than her  in my eyes. She knew when I will do it.

She came out of my embrace and took my hands in her and said 'I am fine Patibabu. I won't take pressure or become upset. Now tell me what's the matter.'

I still can't say and my eyes are forming tears. I bent head with guilty for raising her old wound again.

She raised my chin and made me look towards her and  said it's ok Patibabu, I will be fine, you don't take pressure for me, tell me what's the matter.

I said 'Bon... Bondita..I got call from ashram that Chan.. Chandrachur is running out of life, doctors already informed that today is the last day he wants to ask forgiveness to you before he leave this world'

She closed her eyes with tears and I can say that painful past is appearing infront of her eyes.

_______________

Bondita POV: My Patibabu is really worrying about me Whatever that animal has done to me I cannot forgive him in any life. But..my patibabu told that he is going to leave the world and wants to Apologise me before going. Leading a life with carrying guilty feeling is the heaviest burden for any person in life.

I only wish Durga maa that no one should do mistakes and carry the guilty burden on their hearts be it anyone.

I took a deep breath and told him that let's go to meet him for last time- once and for all

He asked looking into my eyes -  Are you sure Bondita

I nodded as agreeing with him and we both drove to ashram.

______________________

Thankyou friends, I will update next part soon  please vote and comment