Chapter 1

Luna POV:

I woke to the soft sound of birds from my window, the thin net curtains flapping in the slight summer breeze. Opening my eyes I looked around the room that had become my home when I was imprisoned in Alvarez, it was a decent sized room and the first real room I owned. I had always stayed in Inns or in the woods so it was strange to finally have a room all my own, well I guess you could say it was all my own. However it truly belonged to Zeref, as did much of my new life in Alvarez. Although I was pleased that he was never really around, getting dressed in a simple cotton dress I ran a brush through my silver and blue hair. Much like my powers, my body had changed after becoming a dragon. Lady Irene told me it would take a while for me to get used to it, but I've always been quick to adapt. 

Lady Irene took me under her wing when she found me, knowing how hard it was to adapt to being human after becoming a dragon. She taught me how to check temperatures of things with my new body, since I wasn't able to use my human senses, she also explained that my human form would feel alien and unfamiliar but like I said, I'm quick to adapt.

"Lady Luna, time for breakfast." A maid calls knocking my door.

"Coming." I called back making my way through the palace down to the dining room.

It was usually very quiet since most of Zeref's followers were allowed to leave, I however was locked in the palace. Zeref had changed the physical shackles into runes carved into my skin, if I tried to leave the palace or change into my dragon form it would fill me with searing pain all over my body. I had tried multiple times but the pain was too severe, which was surprising since I have a high pain tolerance. Currently the only people in the dining room are Irene and her two swords Heine and Juliet. 

"Morning Lulu!" Juliet says with a happy smile.

"Morning." I reply back in my usual flat monotone voice.

I don't want to be here, so why should I be happy?

"What are your plans for today Luna?" Irene asks me with a small smile.

"Just going to wonder around the palace, maybe visit with some of the palace workers." I explained picking at my food.

"You need to eat if you're going to keep your strength up." Heine says flatly.

"Thanks, but I'm not hungry." I reply before getting up and walking off.

It had been just over a year since I had been in Alvarez and I'd explored all of the palace, but today felt different. Making my way to the entrance hall I opened the doors wide and sat down by the door, it was my one glimpse of the outside world. But it was surreal at the same time, to see people enjoying their daily life not knowing the emperor they love is Zeref. That the emperor they claim to be a hero of nations is the exact opposite. Inhaling the deep scent of the sea I sigh, my hand instinctively reaching for my Fairy Tail guild mark. It now had swirls around it from becoming a dragon, but I was glad to see it was still there. However from the scent of the breeze there was another scent, one I hadn't smelt in a year, not this strongly. Turning my head to inside the palace I see Master Makarov making his way slowly towards me.

"Master?" I ask stunned.

"Luna? But, you were turned into a dragon." He asks stunned to see me too.

"I can't believe it's you!" I yell before rushing over to hug him.

He chuckles and hugs me back, but then a thought nags at my mind.

"Where are the others, my siblings and Natsu?" I ask looking around and using all my senses to try and find them.

"They aren't here with me, is there somewhere we can talk? I'll explain everything." Master Makarov explains so I lead him to the library.

I'd never seen so many books when I first visited the library, it was the only thing that filled me with excitement. Once inside we sat down and Master Makarov began to explain what had happened when I left.

"The biggest thing that happened was that the dragons returned." He started.

"No way, did Natsu see Igneel again? Are they together now?" I asked happy for the first time in a year.

"Yes Natsu did see Igneel again, but they aren't together now. Igneel was killed by Acnologia." He said sadly. "Let me explain, and maybe it'll make sense."

So Master Makarov explained what happened, from the magic council being destroyed right down to the dragons appearing from inside the dragon slayers.

"So the dragons sealed themselves inside the Dragon Slayers?" I ask confused.

"Yes, to prevent them from turning into Dragons the Dragons themselves sealed their bodies inside the dragon slayers." Master Makarov explained. "However when Face was being activated they released themselves in order to protect their children, and the people of the world."

"What happened after the dragons were released from the dragon slayers?"

"They vanished once again, but this time they'll never come back. However they've done enough to ensure that the dragon slayers won't turn into dragons like you did." With a sigh Master Makarov ran a hand over his slowly balding head. 

"Have you re-built the guild hall? I would have thought you'd still be there fixing it now." I asked confused.

"The thing is Luna, I disbanded the guild." Master Makarov said with a sad sigh.

"What..." I asked feeling tears sting my eyes. "You disbanded the guild?"

"I was left wit no option..." He started but I felt anger flood through me, causing me to smash the table we were using.

"A whole year, that's how long I've been here trying to find a way out. To come home." I yelled feeling the tears finally fall down my cheeks. "And now you're telling me that you disbanded the guild! Why would you do that!"

"I had no choice Luna." Master Makarov pleaded almost looking scared.

"My one hope living here was that my family would all be waiting for me, Fairy Tail is the only family I've ever known. And now you're telling me that it's not there anymore!" I yelled finally before running away, I didn't know where I was running to, or what I was running from. All I knew was that I needed to run.