Chapter 8

Brandish stood stunned, her own mind was coming back and she realised what she had done. August fell to his knees as blood poured from his wounds, pulling Brandish back I held her tightly while she screamed.

"I altered her memories. I implanted the sentiment of 'I Must Kill August, No Matter The Cost' into her mind." Mest said with a smirk.

"YOU SON OF A....." Natsu yelled grabbing Mest by the scruff.

"I DID IT TO PROTECT THE GUILD!" Mest yelled back.

"What about all of Firoe!" I yelled at Mest while I held the sobbing Brandish. "Did you think about them! It's not just the guild anymore Mest!"

Mest looked stunned as an overwhelming presence of magic power swelled around us, I was just getting used to August's powers, but now they were off the scale.

"It's all..... crystal clear to me now Brandish....." August said panting. "This is their way of resolving things!" 

August's body had become dark red with golden runes covering it, his eyes were full of malice and anger, and his body stood firm and strong. August waved his hand which sent me and Brandish crashing into the ground.

"Dissolve into Oblivion!" August yelled.

Using my body to shield Brandish, Natsu used his body to shield Lucy. A large explosion and pillar of light flooded the area, causing searing pain over our bodies. Screaming I tried to transform back into a dragon to carry everyone to safety, but the pain was too much to handle. But just as I was about to fall into darkness another white light flooded my eyes, and when I opened them I was alone in the forest. My whole body felt like it had been hit by a meteorite, so I took a minute to cover the worst parts in dragon scales. Although it did nothing to stop the pain, it also stopped the blood from flowing which meant I could get up and walk around.

Looking around I spotted Mirajane and Lisanna, breathing a sigh of relied I ran over to them and hugged them close. 

"I'm so glad you're both ok." I said happily. "Where's big brother?"

"Not sure, that light separated us." Mirajane said before looking at my wounds. "What happened?"

"Spriggan 12." I replied simply.

Looking around I saw others from the guild, but then more enemies arrived. And among them I recognised Heine and Juliet.

"Be careful everyone!" I yelled. "Those two are stronger than they look!"

And so the battle commenced, the one downside of a war is that there's no respite. Heine and Juliet were working their way through members of our side, attacking and binding them. But then a voice called out.

"Everyone make for the guild!" A voice called out.

All of us began to look around in search of the voice, it was young and child like with a hint of maturity to it. I almost thought it was Wendy for a second, but then realised that the two voices were different.

"Make for the guild! Everyone must gather at once! You've all been separated by the enemies magic but...Now is the time to act as one!" The voice called sending a shiver down my spine. "Mavis is in a lot of trouble!"

"First Master?" Mirajane asked.

"She is like a mother figure to all of you! Head for the guild and make haste! Return to the guild....To Mavis's side....And protect her!" The voice called out strongly.

As Mirajane, Lisanna and I turned to look at each other Juliet jumped up high and aimed an attack at us,  the three of us jumped away but still got covered in the slime stuff she uses as magic. And then Heine attacked Mirajane trying her up with bands.