Chapter 4

I don't know when I fell asleep, but being wrapped in Natsu's arms made me feel like I could take on the world. But then I caught their scent, it was powerful. And it was close. Natsu and I jumped down from the tree and that's when we saw them, it was as if darkness had fallen again with all the ships in the sky. Hundreds of them were advancing fast, as soon as we realised what they were the warning bell from the cathedral sounded. Natsu and I ran as fast as we could and caught up with the other dragon slayers, then with our exceeds holding out backs we flew forward at lightning speed crashing through ships as we flew.

Just as the First Master told us.

Sending as many attacks as we can at the oncoming ships we obliterate them, sending them crashing down to the earth. They begin to fire at us but thanks to the exceeds on our backs we dodge in and out of the magic bullets, and thanks to Freeds shield the town is safe too. As I was about to attack another ship Bisca's Jupiter cannon fired, however the ship it hit deflected the blast shattering it into other beams which hit the ships closest to it. The other dragons slayers landed on the ship all three of them were overcome with motion sickness, I mentally face palmed and then flew towards the ship using my own dragon wings. Careful not to land I saw Ajeel sneering at me, he had always been angry with me regardless of what I was doing. I was a prisoner and he made me feel exactly like one.

"It's the little fairy!" He called looking at me, a dark smirk on his face. "Wanna play do ya!"

I was about to send a roar in his direction when the front of his ship carrying Natsu, Wendy and Gajeel was sliced clean off. Noticing Erza I flew off towards the others who had been caught and were flying towards the enemy's ground forces, Twilight let go of me and with a surge of power I transformed back into my dragon form. Luckily for me many of the civilians from Alverez didn't know that I was a dragon.

"Apocalypse Dragon ROAR!" I thought sending an enormous beam of my magic directly through the enemy's advancing forces.

Transforming back into my human form I landed blow after blow taking hits my self, I knew that the Alvarez army was strong but didn't realise their true strength. Each member of the Spriggan 12 had their own army of thousands of soldiers, if each of them were here then there would be well over a million soldiers all prepared to fight and die for their king Zeref.

As the other dragon slayers and I were fighting a huge sandstorm surrounded us, shielding my eyes and looking around I realised this was Ajeels work. Turning back into a dragon I flew up high and saw that he had surrounded all of Magnolia in his sands, looking around I began to flap my wings hard in order to try and break up the sand storm. Despite my efforts the sand only parted for a few seconds before swirling and surrounding the town again, turning my head I saw a bright white light at the centre of the sand storm. In my heart I knew that was Erza so I aimed another powerful roar directly at the light, the same time that Bisca fired another shot from the Jupiter cannon.

As I celebrated this small victory I saw Erza falling through the sky, battered and bruised I flew towards her as fast as I could and caught her in my hand. Lowering her down carefully Natsu and Wendy came running over so I transformed my self back into a human and took a deep sigh. Erza was badly hurt, covered in scratches and open wounds from Ajeels sand. Leaving her with Wendy, Natsu and I flew back towards Gajeel and took down the enemies on the west side. With me transforming to and from my human form, it was taking a lot of magic power but in a battle of magic there was plenty around for me to fuel back up.

"Large number of enemies on the West defeated!" I yelled sending the message back to the guild hall.

Hoping for at least a moments respite there was a loud explosion from Cardia Cathedral, and then there was a large beam of light heading straight for the guild hall. I was about to run off and use my body as a shield, however Natsu pulled me back.