Chapter 2

Luna POV:

It's been six months since Master Makarov appeared in Alvarez, he still won't tell me why he had to disband the guild but he's told me all he knows about the guild members. For example my siblings were working at various jobs, my heart ached when I thought about them. We'd had so little time together that now all I wanted was to hug my brother and sisters and never let them go. Today however was the worst day, Zeref was coming back to Alvarez. With a sad sigh I made my way towards the throne room and waited to be called in, leaning against the door I could hear him and Master Makarov talking. Master Makarov was angry but I couldn't quite hear what Zeref was saying because there was a whooshing noise breaking up the conversation, suddenly I feel arms wrap around my waist and feel my self being pulled away onto a boat. 

Searing pain spreads through my body as the runes burn me, my senses are overloaded by familiar scents and I feel warm arms hold me tightly in his own. My whole body begins to writhe in pain as the runes burn deep into my skin, I will my self to pass out to free my self from the pain, even for a moment. And soon I feel my self drift into unconsciousness after seeing familiar pink hair hovering over me.

Natsu POV:

I hold Luna tightly in my arms as her body shakes in pain, even though she's unconscious her body is still shaking.

"Wendy is there anything you can do?" 

"I'll try, but I think the person we need right now is Freed." Wendy replies making her way over slowly, focusing her magic she lets it flow into Luna which stops her body from trembling but does nothing to erase the runes which continue to glow and burn her pale skin.

"What's happened to her?" Lucy asks concern laced through her voice.

"She's been held captive by Zeref." Master Makarov says wit a sad sigh. "He put those runes on her to prevent her escape, and apparently the further she moves away from Alvarez the more painful it'll become."

"So we're doing more harm than good." Erza said looking at the still form in my arms.

"We have to take her home." I say firmly. "Freed will be able to remove the runes, then she'll be home with her family. She needs to be home."

With a nod we set off for Fiore, Luna remains the same while Wendy and I try to contain our stomach contents. Once back I race with Luna to the site of our new guild hall, Mirajane turns to greet me but her eyes go wide at her sister in my arms.

"Luna!" She yells rushing over to me. "What's happened to her?!"

"Zeref, is Freed here? We need him to remove the runes." I explain as she takes Luna from my arms.

Rushing to the infirmary Mirajane lays Luna down on a bed while Freed gets to work, with Levy's help the runes are soon off Luna's skin. Still unconscious from the pain Luna now lies fast asleep with Mirajane holding her hand and stroking her head.

"Thank you Natsu, for bringing her back." Mirajane said softly.

"I'm just glad we found her, we wouldn't have if Master wasn't there too." I explained seeing Luna sleeping peacefully.

"Can you get the others? Elfman and Lisanna?" Mirajane asked me.

"Sure."

Luna POV:

My whole body felt like it was on fire, but then I felt someone resting a hand on my head and the pain faded away. Someone was talking to me but I was still waking from the effects of the pain so I didn't recognise who it was, opening my eyes slowly I looked up and saw the faces of my family looking at me. All three of them had tears in their eyes as they looked at me, and tears soon began to pour down my own cheeks. I had missed them so much over the past year, I hadn't been with them for very long but I already cherished them.

"Please tell me I'm not dreaming...." I hear my self saying.

"Trust me, feels like we are." Mirajane said helping me to sit up.

Once I was sitting up the three of them enveloped me in a tight hug, their scent was more overwhelming to me than before and it caused me to sob harder. So much of my life wasn't my own, and the times I was with my family were brief and precious.

"Welcome home Luna." Mirajane said running her fingers through my hair. "How were you able to change back into a human?"

"It's enchantment magic, I was taught how to change my body into that of a human. This is just an illusion, in reality I'm now a dragon..." I replied slowly.

My whole body was itchy, making me want to claw my skin off. I needed to change into a dragon to relieve the itch and the discomfort I felt being in my own skin.

"I need to transform, I've not been in my dragon form for a year. Can we go somewhere private?" I asked embarrassed by my predicament. 

"Let's head to our house, we made a room all ready for you Luna." Lisanna says helping me to stand, I'm a little wobbly but once I regain my balance they take me out the back entrance. 

I want to see the others, I want to see Natsu. However I want to make sure that I won't hurt him or anyone else in the guild, so despite how much I want to see them I let Mirajane, Elfman and Lisanna take me into the woods. A few guild members have homes close together here, so it's like a little Fairy Tail community. Once at our house I slip off my shoes and make my way further into the woods to avoid being seen, unleashing my power I feel my body transform. The first time was the most painful but now it's like second nature, once in my dragon form I slowly unfurl my wings and give my tail a soft flick.

"You're amazing you know that." A voice says.

Turning my head I see Natsu looking up at me, he makes his way forward and rests a hand on my scales. Feeling the hear from his hand radiate through me I lower my head to the ground and feel his hand trembling as he rests a hand on me.

"I'm sorry about Igneel." I think to him feeling his fist tighten.

"Thanks, I'm sorry they didn't protect you too." Natsu replies.

"My dad wasn't much of the protecting type, not when he was possessed by Zeref anyway." I say sadly.

"Well I'm the protecting type, and I might not be able to do anything about you becoming a dragon but I swear I'll protect you." Natsu replies.

With a small smile my body transforms back to my human form which is quickly enveloped in a hug from Natsu, with my now heightened senses I feel heat flood through my whole body as he holds me. His scent fills my nose as I inhale deeply, I've missed him so much while I've been gone. Lifting my head up to look at him Natsu slowly brings down his lips onto mine, pulling me close I feel tears fall down my cheeks. Breaking apart we press our foreheads together and he smiles at me.

"I love you Luna."

I love you too Natsu."