Chapter 7

When I next opened my eyes it was to see Natsu's face smiling down at me, apparently when Jacob had fired his attacks at me it was to kill me. So I was luckily still alive, thanks to my own dragon scales covering the open wounds. Holding me tightly Natsu kissed the top of my head, helping me to stand up. Master Mavis made her way over to me, her own body battered and bruised.

"Thank you Luna." She said to me with a smile. "Despite the fact I am a thought projection you still risked your life to try and save me."

"Don't mention it." I replied with a smile.

As Master Mavis went away with Cana, we started to rebuild the guild hall. This must be the tenth time it's been rebuilt....

"Luna you sit this one out!" Natsu yelled at me before going to thank Brandish for saving his life.

Master Makarov was feeling guilty about the state of the guild hall, because apparently while I was unconscious he threw Jacob and Natsu out of the guild hall....however he used the wall as a makeshift door. It was then I heard a mention of the name August and fear flooded through my body, out of all Zeref's soldiers he was the one closest to him. He had been with Zeref for many years, and he was one that Zeref trusted with eliminating enemies.

When Natsu came back from the cells he slammed his hands down on the table.

"I've made up my mind!" He yelled. "I'm going to go bring the pain on that bastard coming from the east!"

"You mean August?" I asked concerned. "Natsu he's incredibly powerful, almost on the same level as Zeref."

"Who cares!" Natsu yelled with a smile on his face.

"Then I'm coming too." I said with a smirk.

"Me too." Lucy agreed.

"And me!" Happy yelled with a big grin on his face.

Master Makarov however shook his head, forbidding us from going. It was then however that Brandish came out from the cells, still with the magic restraints on but allowed to freely walk around the guild hall.

"Luna is right, as far as power goes August is the strongest individual." She said. "It's true that August could be called the strongest among us, however there is another who shares that title."

"Irene." I replied. "If August is the strongest man, then she's the strongest woman. Irene Belserion, also known as the Scarlet Despair."

"So you've finally come around." Master Makarov said looking at Brandish. "Are you willing to share information with us?"

"This is a one time deal." Brandish replied. "I am a citizen of Alverez first and foremost, I cannot betray my homeland. And that is why I refuse to become your ally in any capacity. However I am in debt to Lucy."

Confused I looked towards Lucy who too looked a little stunned.

"And for that reason, I am willing to negotiate with August for you." Brandish said which caused the guild to sit stunned.

"Negotiate?" Natsu asked.

"Excluding Irene there is no mage in existence who can stand up to August, in Alvarez while August is referred to as 'Calamity', Irene bares the title of Despair. The two of them are peerless in skill." Brandish explained. "In Irene's case she and I share no personal relationship, so there is nothing I can do to stop her. However I have known August since I was small, as a result I might be able to persuade him to pull back, depending on negotiations."

"That...That is a great proposal, I thank you for your help." Master Makarov said amazed at what Brandish was prepared to do for us.

Mest who had been brooding and getting angrier as Brandish spoke slammed his hands down on the bar.