Your New Life

Mill Neck was a quiet place, a perfect place for you to settle down and gather yourself after your messy breakup with your long-time fiance.
You shake the memory from your head as you step into the apartment. It looked amazing and spacious, just the way you liked it.
The sound of a drill made you jump and you slowly made your way to the living room to see a man on his knees, working his way on a bench.

'Uh, excuse me?'

He doesn't hear you at first until you get a little close and you manage to speak when he stops drilling which then makes him look your way. His eyes grow wide for a few moments before pulling his ear mufflers and standing. He practically towered over you.

'Miss (Y/N)?'

You give him a little smile, 'yes, that's me', you held out your hand for him to shake, 'John Wick', he takes your hand and you take note of how smooth his hands are.

'Lovely to meet you'.

'So... This is the place... It looks amazing'.

John smiles down at you before scanning the room, 'I'm sorry but I haven't finished fixing a few things'.

'That's alright'.

'Are- are you sure, I'll be coming and going and-'.

'It's quite alright, you know, I've been building and fixing things for the past few years, I'm a photographer so I build a few things for my shoots'.

John smile grows wider, 'oh? You're a photographer? I didn't know that', you shrug, 'well, I'm not famous or anything-'.

'But your work is good'.

You laugh at his comment, 'oh don't try and encourage me, but I'm trying', John pointed to one of the bare walls, 'well you've got many places to hang your work up, that's for sure, it's lucky I had all this room'.

Yeah, you're glad that there was room.

'So, I can get out of your hair and you can bring your things in if you want'.

John adds, 'I won't be too long so you may as well get comfy'.

+

John had finished for the day and you were able to unpack everything, you were starting over once again and you didn't regret it one bit. You had caught your fiance, Jackson, cheating on you with another girl. Six long years you had been together and he really had to say was that he couldn't make it through the relationship... That he didn't love you anymore.
Now you were here, building yourself up again and starting fresh. You hadn't lost your job or anything. You still worked at the gallery down in the city. That place was practically your life and you were so glad that you had chosen that path to go down.
You began working through the kitchen, adding new items everywhere you went.

Your new kettle.

New pans.

New cutlery.

You leaned back against the counter and closed your eyes. The sun spilt into the kitchen and hit your legs, the heat breaking through your jeans. You loved the feeling, yeah, you're going to have a good life.
You phone goes off and you see it's your mother, I swear I only spoke to her an hour ago..

'Mum, seriously? I called you not that long ago'.

'I know honey but I'm so worried about you'.

'Okay, fair enough... By the way I'm in the new apartment now'.

'Oh gosh already? How is it?'

'Nice and spacious, I met the landlord and he was working on some things, he's very nice'.

'Is he good looking?'

You roll your eyes, 'yes, he's good looking', you had to admit, John Wick was rather handsome, his features were so different. Dark jaw length hair with a well trimmed beard and light brown eyes.

'He's going to come around a couple times, he hasn't finished fixing a few things'.

'Maybe you should break-'.

'Mum, enough alright? I don't want to piss him off... Though it looks like he doesn't get pissed that often... He seems so nice'.

The first thing you did when you got to relax was make yourself a drink. You hadn't had one for quite some time and you deserved it
You made sure that the conversation was short because you had had a long day and all you wanted to do was sleep. Later on you could finish up with some cleaning.