Flints' Gallery

You roamed around the gallery holding different paintings and photos.

'This is actually really hard'.

You mumble and Flint chuckled, 'now you know how I feel when you're not around', you poke your tongue out at him, 'oh get lost, I was only gone for one day and you almost botched everything up'.

'And that is why I have you'.

He cocked an eyebrow at you, 'say, how's the new apartment going? You haven't given me any updates?'

'Oh, it's going well, I've already built that little studio'.

'Oh shit, I didn't expect you to make it straight away!'

'Oh hey, I had a lot of time to spare so why the hell not? It was tiny'.

Flint picks up a couple of photos, 'yes, but still, please don't run yourself ragged... What do you think about these on this wall? We should separate photos from paintings right?'
You were having the same trouble as well, 'I'm not so sure, I'm wanting to mix things up, but then I want to make sure that it's not too messy'.

'Yeah, I'm not on the same wavelength as you sorry'.

'Doesn't mean you can't help'.

You kick his ankle gently, 'what about Max and Stacey, have they been helping out?' Flint pinned up a couple of photos, 'oh yeah, they left not long before you came, they set the whole place up for you'.

'Good, saves us a lot of time'.

Flint had the function next week on Monday so you wanted to make sure that everything was perfect.

'You've met the landlord as well right?'

Flint also asked and you nod, 'he's a nice guy his name's John Wick'.

'Wick? As in candle wick?'

You try your best not to laugh, 'yes, like a candle wick', Flint chuckled, 'well I hope he's be a perfect match-'.

'Flint... Shut the hell up before I leave you hanging'.

He gasped, 'you wouldn't'.

And he was right, you wouldn't do that to him, not after he had done so much for you. He had found you when you were so close to giving up and he had made you who were were today.

'You think it's going to be good?'

You hear Flint and you can hear the stress in his tone now, 'Flint, everything will be fine, every other function had been a success so this one will do fine'.

'Yeah you say so but... I don't know, I feel like we'll run out and no one will like us anymore'.

'Flint seriously, we've had this talk before'.

'I know, I know but... I'm just saying-'.

'Come on, let's get this sorted, you'll be fine'.

You try your best to stay in a good mood but Flint's words seem to push you down. Sometimes you wondered if each function would be a successful but you would wait until the function itself.

+

When you return to the apartment you don't hesitate to rest on the couch. Setting up was terrible and stressful, it always looked easy but after quite some time, you want to kick back and relax.
You hear a knock on the door and you groan, do I really have to get that? Another knock pulls you off the couch and to the door. When you open it you're face to face with a clothes covered chest and you look up to see John looking down at you, a hint of concern crosses his face, 'hey, are you okay? You look rather ill'.

'Yeah, I'm alright, just had a hard day at work'.

'Look, I'll come back later-'.

'No, no you can come in'.

'Oh, I was just here to give you a couple of things, I found these paintbrushes and stuff in my stoarage area. It belonged to my father. He was also a creative kind of guy'.

'Oh nice! Your eyes light up when you see the box of accessories, 'thank you so much!' You motion for him to come inside but he hesitates, 'look, I'll let you be, maybe next time I'll stay a little longer, you need some down time'.

'Ah, yeah thank you, you're right'.

He says his goodbyes before shutting the door for you.

You had to admit, you felt a littel disappointed that he had left but you were feeling worn out, I'll deal with these things later.