Last Dinner Dates & Last Love

You're quick to get into your apartment, not wanting to cross paths with John. It was getting late and you had to get ready for your date.

'I hope this place is worth me dressing up'.

You say out loud as you grab your favourite dress, necklace, earrings and shoes. You hadn't worn these in quite some time.
The amount of time you spent working on yoru face, you had no clue, but it was long. 
Your phone went off and you could see that it's Jackson.

'Hey, I'm still getting ready- yeah you can come up, I'm in room two'.

You work on your eyebrows and curse, 'the door's unlocked so just come in', you hang up and continue on with your makeup.
It's not long before Jackson enters your apartment all dressed up and holding some flowers.

'Oh, how romantic'.

You want to be sarcastic but you realized how much you actually missed him. He gave you that beautiful smile that you had fallen for before... All he did was kiss another girl... He didn't fuck her into oblivion as he had done with you'.

'Are you having second thoughts?'

You hear uncertainty in Jackson's voice and you shook your head quickly, 'oh god no, I'm not changing my mind... I'm quite interested in seeing this place'.

'You won't regret it, say, do you have a vase-'.

'There's one in my kitchen'.

Jackson disppears and you grab your purse and step out of your apartment and into the hallway. It took you a moment until you see John step out.

'(Y/N)?'

He's clearly shocked to see you dressed up, 'oh... Wow you look lovely, I'm guessing you're going out?'

'Thank you, yeah, thought it would be nice for a change'.

'Are you going out with some friends-'.

Jackson steps out and closes the door behind him. He glanced over at John, 'oh! Is this your landlord?' He holds out his hand and John shakes it, 'it's good to see you, hopefully (Y/N) hasn't been going crazy in here', you can't help but roll your eyes. You missed how quirky he was as well.

'Anyway, we have to head off'.

You follow Jackson down the stairs but not before waving at John. You weren't trying to make him jealous, you just wanted to move on.

You missed the dark look he had given you when you turned your back on him.

+

'This place is so fancy, you really didn't have to take me out here'.

Jackson sipped his wine, 'you know I always want to spoil you', he was right, he always did and although you always fought him, you also appreciated him for taking care of you. He still made it so that you could stand on your own two feet, you liked it that way. That's how you got to where you are now.

'That steak? I couldn't believe it, I thought I could ever eat it but... I guess I was hungry'.

'I loved the way you ate it as well'.

'Oh god Jackson, don't even go there I swear'.

You feel your face growing hot and you hide yourself behind your wine glass, 'next time I'll try and get something smaller'.

'Next time?'

You realized you stuffed up, 'I uh, sorry I didn't mean to say that', you're quick to correct yourself but Jackson shook his head, 'I think you did mean to say that', you're growing worried now, 'Jackson we- we can't do this'.