Sudden Change

The moment you woke up your mind had changed completely, and what helped was that John had left during the night.

Oh my god, did I screw around with my- no I couldn't have!

You rub your eyes and groan when you took in your memory from last night, oh my god! You couldn't let that happen again. You still remember his lips though, how they pressed against your own. 
When you enter the kitchen you see the two cups of milo that had been forgotten and you close your eyes and tried to forget what was happening.

Fucking hell!

You're quick to empty the cups before anything else could happen.
You had to go to work and get your mind off of what happened last night. You hated this regretful feeling, it made you sick.

Get it all out of your head.

You made sure you locked your front door before going crazy in your studio. You had thrown the paints around in an effort to draw your attention from the elephant in the room.

'You're in deep trouble'.

You whisper to yourself before you lie down in the middle of the room. You're like that for quite some time until your phone went off.
Your heart began to race when you recognized the number, oh what now? You decline the call, why is he calling?
Jackson, your ex-fiance was ringing... But why?

No, fuck him.

You don't want to talk to him, he was the last person he'd want to talk to... You can't really talk to your parents about this as well, what a way to go.
You jump when you hear a knock on the door and you stay silent, it must be John, you certainly didn't want to talk to him. You figured it was going to be very awkward between the two of you. He was your landlord for godsake, you couldn't do that to him.

Keep it together.

It seemed like the person quickly assumed that you weren't here because you didn't hear another knock and you wouldn't think that they would be standing there forever.
You grab your phone once again and dial your friends number, you had known Diane for quite some time but she had gone to an exibhian of her own and she hadn't come back to base camp. But nothing stopped you from calling her.

'(Y/N)! I thought you were never going to call me!.. How have things been? Did you find somewhere else to stay?'

'Yeah I did and it's amazing'.

'Oh? So what's the landlord like?'

We had a close encounter last night just letting you know.

'Yeah, he's really nice'.

'... I feel like there's more to that'.

'I mean, he is handsome to say the least but there's no chance because he's married'.

'Fuck what a shame'.

Damn it I hate lying.

But you had to either she would go for you in seconds and demand so much. You couldn't talk to him after what had happened and you were glad that you didn't actually have sex with him. You were glad that you hadn't reached that stage and the that he himself in a way had refused that kind of sexual action.

What a gentleman.

The more you thought about it the more you feel a pool of dread fill your stomach, how the hell am I going to face him now?

You had no choice, he was the fucking landlord and you were going to come across him sooner or later. 

'Breathe in and out'.

You say to yourself as you begin to think about what you were going to say, it won't be so hard... Right?