Himeno

I spent my time in the school cafeteria. A few days have passed since the sports festival, the second half of October has come. That day I met two girls. One of them is a cute tun-tun lovy-lovy dere-dere, and the second is a Class A leader. Sakayanagi turned out to be a scary girl with disabilities.

I was surprised how obediently Kamuro obeyed her orders, but what to do. In this world there are those who give orders and those who carry them out. Most likely, I can be attributed to the second group of people, because earlier I was always following someone's instructions in the White Room.

Speaking of the White Room, this girl, Sakayanagi Arisu, she knows about this distant place and knows about me. I had no idea why things had turned out this way, but the situation didn't seem too rosy for me now. I used to think that I would be safe in this school at least for the first year, but I was wrong. Now, in the second academic semester, I have an enemy that I will definitely have to deal with.

It wasn't Ryuuen, whom I could keep at a distance from myself for now, and it certainly wasn't Ichinose, who by herself wouldn't be able to oppose me. Simply put, Sakayanagi Arisu from Class A is the most dangerous of all the first-year leaders.

Right now I was monitoring Class B. More precisely, they were watching me. To be more precise, it was Ichinose, their leader, who was following me. But now I was watching her table, which was not so far away from me. Ichinose herself and five other girls from her class were sitting there. They seemed to have fun chatting and spending time together. But I saw Ichinose herself throwing glances in my direction from time to time.

Hoshinomiya-sensei ordered her to keep an eye on me. It really hurts when the most popular girl doesn't quite trust you and starts spying on you. Although, if you remember that there is also a Kushida in my class, then, in principle, there is not much difference between them in this case.

True, of course, Ichinose doesn't seem to hide anything behind her back, unlike my classmate, but... Who knows? Maybe such a good girl has her own cat in a bag?

Anyway, I also noticed something else. One of the girls at the table behaved a little differently from the others. It seemed that she was not entirely happy to spend time with them, although she also laughed and talked, albeit a little less than the others. Maybe it was just my imagination, but something was wrong here.

But still something changed when this girl slowly got up from the table, it seems, said goodbye to everyone and went to the exit of the cafeteria. As soon as she turned away from her classmates, an emotion of rejection flashed across her face, as if something was wrong with her.

I didn't know what exactly it meant, but something was wrong here. There were two main options. Either this girl was experiencing some problems of her own right now and just didn't want to involve her friends in it, or she didn't like spending time with her classmates at all.

I didn't know which option was right, so I wanted to walk after her. Now I decided to watch this girl for a bit. I also had to choose the moment when Ichinose stopped spying on me for a while and then I quickly left the dining room, hoping that no one would catch up with me.

This girl walked for a long time and with each new step it seemed to become more and more difficult for her to go. She stopped in one of the empty corridors, looked around and slowly sank to the floor, leaning on the wall. With her own hands, she grabbed her head and hair. Looking at her, I would assume that she has a severe migraine or something like that. Then I think I should inform the medical staff of the school as soon as possible.

I decided to help this girl out of my good will and slowly but cautiously walked towards her, leaving my hiding place. There was still no one around, apparently, this place was rarely visited by students, especially during the lunch break. When I reached this girl, she still hadn't noticed me. However, there was something else.

When I was close enough, I heard hoarse sounds coming out of her throat, at the moment she was crying quietly, sitting against the wall of the school building in an empty corridor. At that moment, some doubts arose in my head. Was it definitely a migraine or something else? Perhaps she had been under a certain amount of stress for some time, which was why she was feeling so bad right now.

Should I leave now, when I'm already so close to her, or should I continue doing what I planned? It wasn't nice to bother a crying girl, but did I have any other choice? In any case, I slowly walked up to her, and pulled something out of my pocket.

I stood right in front of her so that she could see me. As soon as it happened, her katana-sharp gaze darted at me. I felt the horror of that look on me, but I didn't budge. In my outstretched hand to the girl was a small white handkerchief.

Under her terrible gaze, which could deprive you of your soul, I still kept trying to pass her a handkerchief. She, in turn, realized this and sighed. She didn't want to use my handkerchief, so she just wiped her tears with her hands and slowly stood up, still looking at me.

I already thought that she would hit me or call me some bad word, but it didn't happen. This girl just slowly walked past me and headed in the same direction we came from. Did she want to go back to the cafeteria or to her classroom? I didn't know that, but I decided that now was not the time for me to miss her.

– Why were you crying?

This is the question that needs to be asked with unprecedented caution. With the wrong choice of words or intonation of their utterance, all the forces of female anger can fall on you. I just hoped she wouldn't get too mad at me right now.

– It's none of your business.

There was no aggression in her voice, only hardness and coldness. Anyone who didn't want to create problems for themselves stopped there, but it's too early.

– Do you have any problems?

I carefully dripped deeper than I should have. It wasn't safe, but I tried to get to the right levers of pressure. I still wanted to find out what kind of feelings are hidden inside this lonely girl from the friendliest class.

– I don't have a problem.

"Then why were you crying?"

I repeated my question, which clearly began to put pressure on her nerves. She tried to leave, but I managed to grab her arm. I didn't keep her here much. If she had put in enough effort, she could have avoided my grip.

– It's none of your business.

She was right. In general, I shouldn't have gotten into someone else's problems, but now suspicions have appeared in my soul. I would just like to find an answer to them. That's all I need.

– Maybe it's because of the sports festival? Or did someone not respond to your declaration of love?

– Why are you bothering me?!

At that moment, she stopped holding on to the cold mask. Her aggression and rage abruptly rushed out, as if they were predators. I looked at her beautiful face and those pale purple eyes were looking at me with increasing irritation.

- I'd just like to know.

– Get off me!

She abruptly twisted her hand out of my weak grip. At that moment, this girl began to move away from me. I could no longer hold her by force, but my words still carried weight as long as she could hear me.

– Maybe they are your classmates? Perhaps the problem is in them?

– Aah..?

When I said something like that, she stopped abruptly, as if not of her own volition. Even though I couldn't see her face right now, I could tell for sure that I had hit the nail on the head.

This girl seems to dislike her classmates. It seems that the most friendly class in the first year of study turned out to be just an ideal illusion of every student of this school.