Chapter 16/Bio of Deva Starr

"You know, I wonder what this child will look like?"

"Hmm? What do you mean?"

"William, you know that they were given to me by the Creators, so what they hold is not truly known."

"...True, but they may hold either helpful or dangerous aspects if looking at the perspectives."

"I want them to grow healthy. Is that okay to ask?"

"What any decent parent wouldn't want that?"

"Heh, touche. Actually, now that I think about it, I've heard of these apples that grow from certain trees."

"Ah, those trees. I don't have a clue with them as they just die constantly."

"Really? Why is that?"

"Don't have a clue, as those trees are constantly dying before anyone could actually figure it out."

"Ah. I see."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deva blinked as he idly cuddled Apollo and Erebus while Gen glowed softly by him. Bardo was sleeping right on his right side as everyone settled around the bed he lay in.

Deva was told he shouldn't get up as even though the poison was healed, his bones and magic were still sluggish and thus may lead to him locking randomly due to side effects. It would take hours or some minutes before he was fine depending on how severe the side effects are. After that, nobody really said anything as they all just sat around him with vigilante gazes.

He wondered when they so highly looked upon him. If he looked back on it, he knew the Bad Sanses for nearly a month and the Star Sanses for barely a solid week yet all of them cared for him deeply.

Human logic really doesn't apply here as Monster logic was more due to intent and actions than the double standards of humans. It would make sense as to why despite knowingly them barely, they want him to live happily as his intent was true unlike human nature at its best. The majority of humans are basically double standards while there are a few humans that suffer the stupidity of their race.

Hmm, guess having human memories for the majority of his life screwed him over in this regard.

"Deva..."

He blinked as his vision focused on Nightmare who was speaking for what seems to be the majority of the Moon Sanses with the Sun Sanses just listening for the time being. Gen stopped glowing for the moment then dimmed in a glow, as if pensieve of what Nightmare will say.

"...How long have you had the...tree? And why in the world were you poisoned?"

Deva stopped thinking for the moment as his mind tried to understand. He knew, oh he knew. But the words slipped his mind faster than a fast-moving river. The home, he and Bardo once lived in was once a good place but...after a certain incident, nothing could really stay that way.

"Deva?"

He quickly shook his head as he saw everyone looking at him with concern. He said nothing as he sighed. He may have to start from the beginning in a sense as he has to deal with everything by this point.

"I guess it all really started with the supposed death of 404's nephew/son, Geno."

Error seemed to blink for a moment as he lightly frowned. Deva could tell that the other felt the name was familiar. Dream and Nightmare seemed to jolt at the name, their looks made it seem that the name was nothing but taboo. Everyone else that was awake looked at the three in confusion, concern, or narrowed eye sockets.