Chapter 8: It happened

That's when it happened. I got a call from the Fire Department. My house, nearly gone. My mom, dad, sister, hospital. They could be dead or die. Sure they could live, but I'm not a positive person. The one day my sister was sick and stayed home from school. The one day my parents took off work. I carried and cried, I pulled over. I was in so much pain. I screamed. I cried. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. They told me my dog Marley was saved and my cat Spooky was saved. Why couldn't they have saved my family? They could be alive...but doubt it. I cried and screamed curse words with so much pain and I hung up the damn phone. I went to go pick up James, explained everything. He kissed me, held my hand as he drove me to the hospital, he said he wasn't gonna let me drive, especially with all the tears in my eyes. I looked at him with the makeup running down my face, he wiped it with his sweatshirt and said I was beautiful. He told me he loved me and I said I love you too. We were almost there, still holding his hand, I said I'm sorry.
"For what? If anybody should be saying sorry it's me!" He said.

"I'm sorry you have to deal with me and all of my shit. It's just, I need someone who I can trust, who loves me for who I am. Who cares about me, who will call me at 2 am just to tell me that I'm their world and wanted to hear my voice. I need you."

"And you will never lose me." He said.