Suffering

Niall always liked to please his boyfriend Liam, especially when it came to changing himself. He felt as though it was a way to show Liam he trusted him completely, that he would do anything he said.

The older boy always insisted Niall didn't have to do that, he didn't want to be THAT guy that makes his partner change who they were. Because quite honestly Liam liked Niall anyway. Secretly though he did have to admit sometimes the changes Niall made did turn him on.

One day on the tour bus the four boys were hanging out and Liam casually slipped an arm around Niall kissing behind his ear. "You know what I was thinking baby, you'd look really nice with pastel hair like all those edits the fans make." He suggested.

The next day Niall came back from hair and makeup with pastel pink hair and the first thing he had to do was show it to his Liam who thought it looked perfect.

The second time the two boys were alone in their hotel room playing video games after some lazy Sunday morning sex. "Hey Li." Niall said as he put the controller down with Liam winning another round.

"Yeah little bear?" The older asked pulling Niall on to him so the younger was straddling him. Liam's favorite thing about Niall was how just small he was, it was so easy to cuddle him and protect him. "What do tattoos feel like?" The pink haired boy asked.

Liam smiled and shrugged a bit "Doesn't hurt that bad, more annoying if anything. It's like little pinches but over and over." He informed before kissing Niall's bare shoulder. Liam knew Niall had been thinking about getting one and as much as he loved Niall's baby smooth pale skin he thought it would look great.

"I think you'd look great with one... Just a very small one though! I'd come with you if you'd like. We could even get matching." The brunette suggested smiling, he was glad Niall was taking interest in something he really liked.

Niall thought for a minute and nodded. "Yeah I'd like matching." He whispered. "Me too." Liam agreed before he rolled Niall over on the bed and they went back to the mornings activities.

Within the week Liam made them an appointment with his favorite tattoo artist and they came up with a sketch of their tattoo. It wasn't anything elaborate just a sun and a moon. To anyone else it looked like a stupid tattoo you'd see on tumblr but both boys knew Niall needed Liam like the moon needed the sun.

The third time the two boys were walking trough London on their 3rd anniversary when they stopped outside a lingerie store. "You'd look absolutely ravishing in one of those lace thongs Mr.Horan." Liam had mentioned in passing.

Niall being Niall took it upon himself to order about a thousand of the prettiest thongs he could find. The blonde Liam rip them off of him pair by pair each night for house keeping to clean up later. Liam swore wouldn't have it any other way.

Until that day a week ago. Liam came home from his friends lunch holding a bag with some new lingerie in it for Niall. "Baby!" He called thinking it was weird the little blonde hadn't ran downstairs hearing Liam come in. "That's weird." He mumbled and put the bag down.

Liam had a nice time, he would have rather Niall be there but he insisted Liam needed to go hang out with his friends without him. Liam met a girl at the party with pastel pink hair and blue eyes, and a few tattoos, he didn't really like her but the familiarity drew him to her. It reminded him of Niall even though she was nothing like him.

Liam went to go open the fridge to get some orange juice when he spotted a small piece of paper hung up on a magnet that had a picture of them on it.

'Dear Liam, I saw the pictures from today. I'm sorry I'm not her.'

Liam stared at it for a minute in thought before it clicked in his mind, Niall must have thought Liam knew this girl and was trying to make Niall like her. "Only my Niall." He chuckled to himself.

Judging by the note Niall was out so Liam thought he would call the younger boy and explain. What threw him off was hearing Niall's phone upstairs. "I can't believe he'd leave without his phone" Liam mumbled I himself as he made his way up the stairs.

Niall was there with his phone. Liam felt a wave of relief before his whole world came crashing down. Niall really was gone. From this world. Niall was gone from life. "Oh my god." Liam whispered backing up into the door as tears began to roll down his cheek. "Oh my god." He chocked out before slowly walking back toward the bloody bed and began to stroke Niall's hair.

"Baby wake up." Liam begged closing his eyes "N-Niall you can wake up now I'm home." The brunette began sobbing and hitting the mattress with all the force within him.

He didn't want to call the ambulance, he knew Niall was gone and he wanted to be able to look at his face for the last few minutes. "It was all my fault baby I'm so sorry." He whispered intertwining his hand with Niall's blood covered one.

Liam pretended like he didn't notice the cut in Niall's arm was in the shape of an L, but he noticed. One horizontal cut and then the vertical to end his life. Liam knew he didn't just die, he suffered. Liam made him suffer.

Liam got up and pulled a shirt on Niall's lifeless body, his favorite one that says 'I'm his' before changing into his matching one reading 'he's mine'. "I'll see you in a bit baby, don't worry." He whispered as he took the razor from the bed and laid down next to his boyfriend grabbing his cold hand.

The difference between an N and an L is Liam didn't suffer, the first cut killed him. But Liam didn't think anyone had suffered as much as he did when he found the love of his life dead on their bed. So the first thing Liam did when he got up there was promise his Niall there would be no more suffering.

And that was the first time Liam changed himself for Niall.