Fight Me

(Idk why this is getting up so late, I just suck. Also Liam is a nurse in this story but it has nothing to do with the doctor one I posted a few days ago :))

Honestly Niall hated hospitals, he hated everything about them. The smell, the food, the people, the feeling, everything about hospitals was torture. He could probably list about a thousand places he would rather be, and one of them was 6 feet underground. However that was the very thought that landed him in this hospital.

It wasn't the first time Niall has tried to commit suicide. Not the second or third either. He was sort of familiar with this whole thing at this point, He had a check list that went something like this.

1. Wake up in the hospital with lights practically blinding you not knowing where you are.
2. Realize you're still alive and curse the world
3. Rip out all the shit they have attached to you so you can get the fuck out
4. Realize you're not getting the fuck out when doctors and nurses rush in asking you about a million questions.
5. Get lectured by parents and doctors about how you're "better than this" and that they "want to help"
6. Get put on suicide watch for the 3 days not being able to leave your room unless you're getting shitty ass cafeteria food.

Niall had gotten trough the worst of it, 1 trough 5 were complete and it was the first night he'd have to spend in this "bed". It was comfortable but it just never felt right laying somewhere that someone could have died.

Usually Niall was assigned a nurse but so far none in sight. Usually they gave him an old woman named Barb who was super sweet, she never asked questions or tried to be his friend she was just nice and Niall actually didn't mind her. Once it neared 8 at night Niall had just figured they forgot about him. He was here so often they just didn't bother with him anymore.

Niall figured this would be a great time for an escape, no one would even remember he was here right? Wrong.

As soon as the blonde began to move his blankets the door was opened swiftly and a young guy in black scrubs walked in. Niall figured he was lost considering he'd never seen the man in the unit and that wasn't a face the teen would forget. "Hello." The man said easily and closed the door giving Niall a gentle smile. "I'm Liam, I'll be looking over you for the next few days." The brunette man informed.

The man began checking Niall's vitals and such while the blonde shoved a pillow over his face. "Fight me." He groaned loud enough for Liam to hear him trough the pillow. Liam laughed and shook his head though Niall couldn't see. "You know there's nothing against fighting patients written in the staff guide but I think that might be frowned upon." He joked back.

Niall lifted the pillow and laughed softly. "I've never had a sassy nurse before wow. And especially one that was hours late." He challenged. Liam glanced at him and smirked before beginning to replace his IV. "You think you're funny huh? Keep it up and I might just have to fight you." He said with a wink.

Niall rolled his eyes and readjusted himself so he was sitting more comfortably as Liam moved around the room carrying out his tasks. "And about the late thing, I was actually just helping to deliver a baby if you were so inclined to know." The man explained after a short silence.

Niall made a face scrunching up his nose. "Ew, doesn't that freak you out?" He asked. "A human coming out of someone's vagina?" He rephrased making Liam laugh. "Nope. Child birth is a beautiful thing. Don't you want to have children one day?" He asked sitting on the edge of Niall's bed.

The blonde thought for a while before nodding. "Yeah, I suppose but I mean I like guys so im gonna skip over this whole vagina fiasco." He informed with a chuckle. Liam nodded laughing softly "Okay I can see your point, but I think you need to witness a child being born to really appreciate it. Maybe one day I can take you down to help me feed the babies if you'd like." He offered.