Hold On Till May

A.n. Yes this is another pierce the veil inspired one shot but you can't blame me because I love them. Also I saw them at warped your last week and I was hit with inspiration.

Like every other summer day Niall found himself sitting in his favorite spot. He wasn't like normal 17 hear olds who went out with friends, he was just a beautiful lonely boy who sat in the big oak tree in his back yard.

Niall would read books and write stories and listen to music, he wondered if his parents ever would care to come look for him. He would some times see his dad take out the trash or his mom go out to the garden but that was usually the most he saw them.

Niall tried to count the branches one day but he'd lost track after four hundred and he decided he would just say there was a million and he loved every single one. He knew they loved him back they would catch him if he fell and keep him safe, as he was surrounded by the glistening sun.

At some point at the end of July he began to think he was going crazy, there wasn't much to do in a tree when it was close to 90 degrees. So crazy one night when he was climbing down as the sunset, he thought he heard a voice. A little "Hey!" Coming from over the fence.

The blonde shook his head and kept walking until he was sure he heard the voice again. "Hey, blondie!" He heard them chuckle. Niall's ears perked up and he searched around until he spotted a head sticking over his fence.

The brunette boy looked to be a few years older then Niall maybe in his late twenties. He was extremely good looking wearing a backwards black SnapBack from what Niall could see.

"Um hi." Niall shouted back hesitantly stepping closer so they wouldn't have to yell. Niall's voice almost sounded weird to himself, he hadn't talked to anyone in a few weeks.

"I noticed you sit up in that tree a lot." The man commented pointing in the general direction of the tree. "Yeah it's kind of my favorite place to go, no one can bother or see me... Or so I thought." Niall answered smiling a bit. Someone had actually taken notice in him.

The man smiled back sweetly. "Don't take this the wrong way but I love watching you. You're very fascinating. Everything you do is so... Effortless." He explained. The elder stuck his hand out "I'm Liam by the way I live behind you and I have the most perfect view of you from my desk."

Niall blushed softly and placed his hand into Liam's "I'm-" "Niall." Liam cut him off "I know, you um dropped your book the other day and your name was inside of it." Liam said pulling the book out of his back pocket and handed it back to Niall.

"Oh thank you I thought I had lost it somewhere between my room and the tree." Niall said only realizing afterwards how sad that sounded.

Liam realized their hands were still clasped together and tightened his grip on Niall's hand. "Come with me. I know it's crazy and we just met but trust me." And Niall didn't know why but he left his stuff in the grass and let Liam show him the world.

"Come on Niall!" Liam laughed as he ran ahead of the blonde. "You're gonna miss the best part!" He insisted as he laid down on the side of the hill by the train tracks out of breath.

The blonde sprinted to where Liam disappeared into the grass and found him staring into the most beautiful sunset Niall had ever seen. "Wow." He breathed sitting down. "I've never seen a sunset like this." He admitted laying down with his head on Liam's stomach.

"The sunsets are amazing here. That's why I've never brought anyone, they don't look at the world like you do Niall. I see it in your eyes, when you read those books of poems and your eyes light up wen you see something beautiful."