if it means a lot to you

A.n. this is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard so I made a shot. Make sure you listen to the song to really get the shot, it makes the song and the writing a million times better.

"Hey darling." Liam Said softly as he lifted Nialls chin looking into the baby blue eyes threatening to spill tears on his pale cheeks. This was the worst part of his job, leaving niall behind, but this was his career now.

The brunette glanced behind him at the terminal gates knowing if he looked at his little boyfriend break down any longer he might join him. "I hope your good tonight yeah." He whispered knowing the first night was always the worst for Niall. The first time Liam went on tour he got a call from the blonde at 3am begging him to come home in tears.

"I know you don't like it when I leave baby." Liam whispered pulling niall into his chest nuzzling his nose into the smaller boys hair breathing in the vanilla scent of Niall. "Stay home Liam, you don't need to go just please don't leave me." The blonde pleated beginning to sob harder into Liam's comforting chest.

They had done this so many times and it never got easier, Niall cried more. Liam became more frustrated, every time he left Niall he began to hate himself a little bit more. Niall didn't deserve this he needed a boyfriend who could always be there to hold him and Liam knew one day Niall would find him.

"You're right Niall I don't need it but I want it. I can't let the fans down, I can't let my band down there's so many people counting on me Niall. I've put so much time and effort and work and soul into this band. Please just... please just don't fight me on this I need you to tell me it'll be okay. I need you to get me by, baby."

Niall sniffled and leaned up on his tip toes pressing a long kiss to Liam's mouth. "It's gonna be okay, I'm gonna try to visit you." The blonde tried to assure. "It's gonna be okay and it's gonna fly by yeah, I'll wait for you Liam. I will always wait for you." He promised.

Liam believed him and he knew he was an idiot because he didn't mean it, Liam wasn't the man for Niall and he knew it. But he never regretted a dang minute spent with the blonde, he felt blessed he'd had the last two years with him. He was glad he was able to take his virginity and meet his parents and take him on picnics.

"Delta flight 473 now boarding." Came the monotone voice that enavitibly ripped Niall out of his arms. "I love you. I love you more than anything baby, never forget that." He whispered as if somehow if he said it enough it would make Niall his forever.

Niall nodded and wiped away a few tears stepping back before he caused a scene. "I'll never forget." Niall whispered and choked back a sob blowing Liam a kiss. Liam smiled sadly and caught it pretending to put it in his pocket.

The blonde chuckled a bit "I love you weirdo!" He called just before Liam was in the gate. "I love you too princess!" He called back smiling until he was sure Niall couldn't see him. He didn't stop crying until half way trough the flight.

Niall broke down the second Liam turned the corner, he sat with his knees to his chest looking small as ever already missing his lover. It was hard for Liam, Niall knew that but Liam had distractions like writing and performing. Niall was swallowed by his emotions all day having nothing to do. He ate, thought about Liam, showered, thought about Liam, slept, thought about Liam.

Eventually Niall had found enough strength to get up and drive himself home pulling on Liam's shirt before he fell into bed. 120 days, it wasn't a lot Niall told himself. He would Survive, he'd done it plenty of times now, he was a champ at this waiting game now. And he was kind of fucking sick of it.

Liam called every single night of tour as promised to say good night and just hear Niall babble on about things. Liam swore he had never been so in love,simply hearing Nialls voice made him happy. Niall was the love of his life, his gorgeous prized posession. But Liam wasn't his.

It was the last night of tour 11:00 on the dot the time he called his Niall every night. As the phone rang Liam changed into a black tank top throwing his dirty shirt somewhere, which wasn't smart because he'd have to pick that up later. Niall answered on the 3rd ring with a sigh "Hey Li." He breathed causing the brunette to frown.

He tried not to think much of it thinking maybe Niall was tiered or something. "Hey baby boy." Liam beamed. "How was your day?" He asked quickly. Niall hesitated before responding unenthusiasticaly "it was alright." He shrugged. "Liam, we need to talk." The blonde murmured.

Liam's brows scrunched in worry and he sat down. "Yeah angel what's up?" He asked. Niall sighed and closed his eyes knowing this would be hard. "I need you here Liam. I know you want to come home too and I know you can't but I can't stop feeling this way." The blonde explained in a rush. "I just feel complete when you're by my side."

Liam frowned, this wasn't happening, his fears were all coming true. "If you can wait till I get home then I swear to you that we can make it last. If you can wait then tomorrow this will be in the past. Please Niall it might be for the best." He tried but he knew Nialls mind was made up.

"There's so much riding on this band Niall, I want to Come home to you but I'm not in the place to do that right now. Without this band I couldn't buy you pretty things I couldn't pay for our house, our manager wouldn't be able to buy his daughter presents, the stage crew wouldn't be able to pay rent. I can't Come home yet Niall, I need everyone singing. Once this takes off I'll have all the time in the world to take you on dates and not worry about the money." The brunette attempted to explain.

Niall shook his head whispering now as the tears fell. "I know you can't give me what I need right now Liam, and even though you mean so much to Me I can't sit here and wait trough everything." He reasoned.

Liam stood and slammed his hand against the wall being frustrated with himself. He let this happen, he did this to them. "Is this really happening?" He whispered to himself resting his head on the wall trying to calm down.

"Please don't leave me Niall I swear I'll never be happy again." Liam tried to beg hoping by a miracle Niall would give him another chance. Niall sighed biting his lip because this was probably the hardest thing he's ever done. "Liam we-" "don't you dare say we can just be friends." He whispered brokenly cutting the blonde off.

Liam shook his head "Listen Niall, I'm not some guy that you can sway. We knew it would happen eventually." He said ending the call before niall could hear him break down into tears.

When Liam got back from tour Nialls stuff was gone, he did anything he could to avoid Liam. He changed his number, he went back to Ireland and tried to forget about loving a boy for 2 and a half years.

He did a pretty good job of it, for three years actually. He didn't date anyone knowing no one would ever treat him like Liam did. Like wise Liam hadn't so much as looked at anyone else, he worked, he just worked all day trying to get Niall off his mind.

One day his work paid off though, he opened his e-mail after his morning jog seeing a few endorsement deals that he parley looked at. He almost logged off before something cought his eye. When he opened the email he dropped his ice coffee on himself and cupped his hands over his mouth. They made it, his band was headlining warped tour.

Before doing anything he took a screen shot and direct messaged it to Niall on twitter hoping maybe he wouldn't delete it before looking at it. 'Everyone is singing now Ni.' He typed sending it quickly before he doubted himself.

A few minutes later as he cleaned up the coffee with a grin he heard a ping on his computer. Checking it Liam was surprised to find Niall had replied. 'I always knew you'd make it Li, just thought I'd be there to kiss you when you did'. The blonde had wrote.

Liam chuckled a bit and sighed happily before typing back 'I can arrange that Mr.Horan, I miss you so fucking much angel.' He answered not caring he was coming on a but strong.

They were in love for christ sake there's no need to be shy. Niall had replied instantly obviously waiting for Liam's message. 'There's no need to miss me, I will always be yours.' He answered. Liam grinned and laughed a bit that crazy stupid feeling of love gathering in the back of his throat. 'Come on a date with me?' He asked. Niall fell back on his bed smiling like an idiot answering quickly 'if it means a lot to you I suppose we could arrange that babe.' He sent before dropping his phone next to him with a giggle.

"La, lalala,lalala." He began singing quietly closing his eyes. "Now everyone is singing la, lalala,lalala."