୨⎯ "𝐃𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐓𝐨 𝐘𝐨𝐮 (𝐩𝐭.3) " ⎯୧

•𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠•

(So I was sitting in my chair and I thought. What if the story I am writing have a sad ending? And here we have.
A second+angst ending )

You as Damian

Background: You had this crush on Anya for quite a long time, and you wanted to confess so badly. One day You finally decided to confess and asked Anya to meet you at a coffee shop obviously she agreed. And now the story starts.

It's quite a wonderful day, the cloudless sky seems to be telling you that nothing bad will happen. But your guts tell you the opposite.

You circle back and forth, pondering about those messy thoughts inside your head. One side told you to stop being so cowardly and just step inside but on the other side lies your fear.

You decided to take a little peek before you head inside, there are a lot of people but the thing that caught your eye are the emerald eyes, they are like the deepest algae, full of life

So pretty, so green.

Those eyes took you back to the past. Where everything was simple and beautiful.

The first acquaintance you made with her was not decent. You thought you would never meet her again. But every comma has another sentence following it. Each meeting you had with her was peculiar, nothing like what you thought it would be. The little chats, meals together. All those built structures and structures of "appreciation" you have towards her. Or that's what you convince yourself. Deep down You knew you were in love.

You knew that
You felt that

But you didn't have the guts to step up and act it.

Life's a show, where you either get to stand behind the curtains and watch the female protagonist, standing alone, waiting for the male protagonist to join her. Or fail miserably by falling into the deep abyss of the audience's stares.

Everyone was scared, but not you. You are different and you wanted to make a change, you wanted to be the main character, standing beside the female protagonist.

Or so you thought. All these years you have succeeded in disentangling all those strings that stop you from achieving your goals, but you couldn't get yourself to cut the last string.

It was indeed a simple task, that was the thinnest and the most fragile string. Even a small touch could break it. But you stopped yourself. To be precise, those fears stopped you.

Why, why do fears exist. Fears were a useless feeling. It was the obstacle between you and your happily ever after. Why couldn't everyone be fearless

why did we fear?

Because of rejection? But you haven't even tried. Because the experience makes us feel nauseous? But you haven't even tried.

It's way too easy to say than act. Giving up in the last step was way too common than you think.

"I want my happily ever after!"
"I.. give up"

Wasn't that what everyone says? Was that why the female protagonist was always standing alone waiting for the male protagonist to join her.

That place wasn't waiting for you, it can't care less about you. It was just a spot, waiting for someone to claim. But everyone had given up, just like you did.

In the very end, Life's just life. Nothing can be done. No one can and will ever have their happy ending. It's just a show, every attempt is vain.

You back off from the mirror you were standing by. Tears flooded down your cheeks. Drip, drip, drip. It was like an endless waterfall.

Grief, pain, remorse. All these turned into one and one arrows, firing at you from every single direction. You didn't avoid anyone of them, you knew you deserve them. You knew, you fully understand that this is the consequence.

The cloudless sky now seems to be advising you that nothing was in vain, a fresh new start is all that you needed. "New start? I gave up on that ages ago for this." You scoffed, with tears sliding down from your cheekbones and falling to the concrete floor. Just like how fears nudged you to the deep abyss of the audience stares.

One tiny step
One fragile string

With just Fear and fear alone, you can never achieve anything. Either hide behind the stage or fall into the void of mockery, from yourself.

She would never know how you felt. She would never know why you didn't arrive. She would never know you loved her.

But that's okay second chances right?

Right..?

Word count: ehh 700+ probably?